Girls' Trip Part 3

"Wanna hear a story about a hitchhiker that I heard from some Auradon kid lately?" Uma asked and Audrey eyed her skeptically from her position beside the dark-skinned girl.

"Maybe? It depends," Audrey replied. Mal turned in her seat to look at Uma.

"Go for it. We need something distract us after that fiasco earlier," Mal told her, settling in to listen to her story. Uma grinned at them all before launching into her tale.

"So apparently this kid's dad was on his way to Tangletown and it was pouring down rain," Uma began, and Evie glanced at her through the rearview mirror as she listened while drove.

"The dad saw a hitchhiker on the side of the road, so naturally, he felt sorry for the guy and decided to offer him a ride.

"The dude hopped in quickly, all thankful and that crap, and pulled in a leather zip-up bag with him," Uma told them, and even Audrey was starting to look a little interested as she lowered her phone ever so slightly.

"As they drove down the road, the guy was really strangely quiet. The dad couldn't help but notice how odd he looked with his lanky legs and big hands on boney arms. His eyes bugged out and they had an almost feral look to them," Uma described, and Audrey sat her phone down as she dedicated her full attention to the story. Jane leaned forward in her seat, watching Uma carefully. Even Evie was glancing into the rearview mirror more often in the midst of her curiosity.

"The dad suddenly heard an unzipping sound, so he looked over at the guy and saw that he was very slowly unzipping his leather bag.

"So the dad was like, 'Yo, man, what's in your bag?' The guy immediately tells him, 'It's nunya business.' And so they continue to drive a little bit farther.

"The guy starts unzipping the bag again and the dad goes, 'Seriously, what's in your bag?' The guy once again tells him, 'It's nunya business.' The dad is starting to get pretty dang mad at this point, and when he hears the guy unzipping his bag a little more, he immediately pulls over and demands that the guy get out of his car," Uma explained, and everyone in the car had their attention focused solely upon the pirate.

"Of course, the guy's all mad and he hops out of the car yelling and complaining and making a big fuss. As soon as he shuts the door, the dad takes off and leaves him there," Uma narrated. "The dad's really angry and he just can't believe the nerve of this guy. He was kind enough to pick him up off the side of the road, and the guy won't even do him the courtesy of telling him what the heck's in the bag.

"But here's the real kicker- the guy left his leather bag in the car." Mal's brow furrowed as she considered this plot development, completely drawn in by the story.

"The dad sees it's opened just a little bit, and it dawns on him that he could just open it the rest of the way and figure out exactly what was inside that the guy was so intent on hiding from him," Uma paused, and everyone felt the tension building.

"So he pulls over slowly and stops. Then, he reaches over to the bag ever... so... slowly," Uma narrated with a dead serious expression, mimicking the dad's movement by reaching over in Jane's floorboard. Jane followed her hand's movement, looking in her floorboard as she tried to imagine the scene.

"And he grabs ahold of the zipper, pulling it open to reveal," Uma just stopped, and everyone gaped at her and her paused hand in Jane's floorboard, hanging on the edge of their seats.

"What's inside?!" Audrey finally demanded after a few moments of this torturous silence.

"Definitely a gun," Evie murmured under her breath with a freaked-out expression on her face.