Rural Urbanites Part 2

Summary: Mal, Evie, Uma, Audrey, and Jane are revisiting the farm, this time bringing a furry addition to the group with them. Who knew that addition would end up causing more trouble than the girls got into last time? A sequel to "Urban Cowgirls" with Huma, Bal, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and family/friendship feels.

   "UMA!!! Get control of your mutt! It's assaulting me again!" Audrey cried as Jade snuffled at Audrey's face for what was the millionth time on this trip.

They had been driving for a long time, and they were all very thankful to see the beginnings of countryside around them instead of the look of the city.

Especially since Audrey had endlessly complained about Jade, and Evie had been playing her incessant country music that she seemed to have an endless supply of. And if she ever ran out, she just replayed her favorites on the list. Which, of course, were all of them.

"Why? She just loves your perfume! It smells like her bacon-scented dog food!" Uma proclaimed as she watched Audrey lean all the way over against Jane. Jane was just leaning against the door of the car, supporting her head with her hand as she quietly endured through Uma and Audrey's nonsense.

"My perfume does not smell like bacon or dog food!!!" Audrey screeched in reply, and Uma grinned evilly.

"Must be your BO, then, Princess," Uma pointed out with a laugh, and Audrey made a strained noise of offense as she tried to get away from the dog.

"Uma, you better make that thing get back where it came from or so help me---"

"Oh, fine. Chill out, Princess. Good grief," Uma dismissively told Audrey as she pulled at Jade so that she was back in the rear compartment of the Jeep where she belonged.

Jade immediately whimpered, not liking how Uma had made her move back when the dog wanted to be in the middle of the people. Uma sympathetically looked at her dog.

"It's alright, baby, I know how it feels being stuffed in the trunk like some worthless luggage," Uma reassured the dog as she shot a disdainful glance at the other girls in the vehicle, referencing the times that she had to sit in the back of Evie's old car Charlene's rear compartment. Uma leaned back and kissing the Pyrenees on the nose. Jade happily moved forward and licked Uma's nose in return, and Uma chuckled a bit, ruffling the white fluff around her ears.

"Excuse me, but I'll have you know that my luggage is worth infinitely more than that dumb dog is plus this stupid car," Audrey commented, and Evie gasped, looking at Audrey in the rearview mirror before looking at Mal offendedly. Mal just pursed her lips before reaching over and squeezing Evie's arm comfortingly.

For her part, Uma glared at the pink princess as she wrapped an arm around her dog protectively.

"Don't you call my Jadey-baby dumb. She's smarter than you, that's for dang sure," Uma informed Audrey, scratching at Jade's head. Jade, encouraged by Uma's affectionate petting placed her paws on the back of the leather seating, and Uma grinned.

"You wanna come up here with the people where you belong, don't you?" Uma chuckled, and Audrey held her hands up, trying to keep the dog away from her.

"Oh, ew! Gross! Jade, get back!" Audrey cried, but Jade didn't listen, instead covering Audrey's face in slobber as she licked her. Audrey squealed, leaning against Jane as she tried to escape the dog. Uma cackled in response, patting Jade affectionately. However, as soon as she realized Audrey had an enormous slime wad stuck in her hair that the princess obviously didn't notice, she cracked up laughing even more.