Body Switch

Summary: Tensions have been rising since Evie found out about all of Mal's insecurities and Mal finally lets loose all of her frustrations. A bit of a problem ensues shortly thereafter... Sequel to my previous oneshot "Bullies." Sisterly fluff and a Bal moment at the end.

   "Why can't you just be quiet and listen to me for a minute?!" Evie raised her voice a bit louder than her usual calm tone.

"Oh, my most sincere apologies, your Highness. I forgot you had to have absolute silence to speak. My mistake!" Mal shot back at her, stomping into their dorm room. Evie shut the door carefully behind her and Mal spun around to face her.

"Why are you acting like such a rotten little brat?" Evie asked with evident warning laced in her voice, and Mal could tell that Evie's seemingly endless reserve of patience had nearly run out. But she didn't care. She was in the middle of one of her angry rages and she was beyond the point of repair.

"Maybe it's because that's the way I was raised? I dunno, why are you such a whiny, perfect little mouse?" Mal sarcastically responded.

"You are not who you were raised to be! You are so much more than that, Mal! You're better than that!" Evie shouted furiously, her eyes glinting with unshed tears as whatever was left of her patience completely dissipated under the stress of the argument.

Mal's jaw slackened a bit, the realization of her wrong feelings beginning to dawn upon her. This quarrel was hurting Evie and Mal started to feel the beginnings of horrible guilt. But just as the seeds of forgiveness were beginning to root, they were harshly upturned by her burning rage.

This whole conversation was Evie's fault, and Mal couldn't understand why it was such a big deal that she belittled herself constantly. It went from Evie's kind, caring concern to just plain annoying before Mal knew it. She just wouldn't leave Mal alone. Constantly checking on her, worrying over her, and just being a terrible nuisance.

It all started because of what Audrey had done to Mal the previous week. Since Evie had found all of the horrible, ugly messages she wrote for herself under the bleachers and heard Audrey's insults and jabs, Evie was like some kind of a perpetually doting mother hen.

"Since when do you have the right to tell me who I am or who I'm supposed to be? I'm a Villain Kid and it's all I'll ever be!" Mal brokenly exclaimed, her eyes burning with the flickering flame of her magic that was growing more and more excited with the rising of her temper.

"Stop it, Mal!" Evie protested, her entire posture reflecting her emotional pain.

"You don't understand what it feels like to be constantly under pressure, Evie!" Mal retorted, her eyes glowing ever brighter.

"Yes, I do!" Evie insisted, her voice growing just a bit hoarse from all of her yelling.

"No, you don't!

"Mal, would you shut up and pay attention to what I'm saying?!" Evie demanded, her cheeks growing wet with the stream of tears that were flowing down them.

But Mal was on the warpath, and she was determined to make Evie know what she felt- the stress of constantly needing to be perfect for Ben and the royal family, the disrespect she constantly endured from Audrey and others who hated her... The pain of not feeling good enough for Evie, Carlos, Jay, and all of Auradon.

"No, you shut up!!!" Mal turned quickly, snatched her spell book and began to read a spell.

"Walk a mile in my shoes, my responsibility now belongs to you! Understand it for at least a day, make all of this drama go away!" Mal yelled, her hands motioning.