Cheater, Cheater

Summary: Jay has suddenly began arriving late to his dates with Audrey. This is odd, but even stranger, he has started to dress nicer and actually fix his hair. Audrey begins to come to her own conclusions, and after he shows up with red lipstick on his forehead, her suspicions are practically confirmed. But is it what it seems? Jaudrey or Jay x Audrey, and Core Four family feels.

   Audrey tapped her foot anxiously, looking about somewhat frustratedly as she searched for a particular vehicle coming down the road. She furrowed her brow, checking her phone as she realized that Jay was late. Again.

It was a beautiful Tuesday afternoon after school at Auradon Prep, and Audrey was awaiting her boyfriend Jay's arrival so that they could go on their date that was scheduled after her classes. So far, he was running late by a good twenty minutes.

Audrey sighed deeply, wishing that she was already out of school and that her senior year would hurry up and get over with so that she could have dates with Jay any time that they felt like it without having to bend to the school's times.

But, running with that hypothetical line of thinking, what good would dates anytime be if Jay didn't get there on time?

She froze as she heard the sound of a large motor approaching. Audrey stepped forward a bit and peered down the street, hoping it was finally him.

To her immense relief, there was Jay driving up to the front of the school, his large Ford Raptor shining in the sunlight as he revved the motor to show off a bit. She rolled her eyes, feeling simultaneously very relieved about him getting here finally and somewhat irritated with him for taking so long.

He stopped the truck in front of her, revving it especially loudly now that he was right beside her. Jay then rolled down the passenger seat window with that wide grin that always made Audrey's stomach flutter against her will.

"Hey, Foxy. Need a ride?" he flirted with a wink, and Audrey just huffed in response as she opened the truck door and stepped up onto the bar at the bottom of the truck that helped her to get into the lifted-up vehicle. She got in the truck carefully and shut the door behind her.

He grinned at her winningly, and she knew what he was expecting, but she wasn't aiming on giving it to him just yet.

She narrowed her eyes, unimpressed, but then she suddenly noted that his hair was perfectly shiny and manicured into a neat ponytail at the base of his neck. She furrowed her brow, wondering why in the world he had fixed his hair so nicely. He never wore a ponytail unless it was for a formal occasion.

He had certainly never worn it for her that way. With her, he always let his hair hang loose and free, which she didn't mind, but she did sometimes wish he would put a little more effort into it.

Which made her wonder... Why did he put effort into it today?

"Don't I get a kiss for swooping in and keeping you from having to spend extra time moisturizing your hair because of the hot sun glaring down on your perfect locks?" he asked mischievously, and Audrey was shaken a bit from her stupor of skepticism. She pursed her lips at him, raising an eyebrow.

"You're late," Audrey pointed out, and Jay simply smirked in response.

"Better late than never," he told her, and the princess couldn't help but smile in response to his ridiculous grin and attempts to cover up the fact that he was obviously in the wrong here.

He raised both eyebrows, looking at her hopefully, and she sighed before reaching over and tangling her fingers in that disturbingly perfect hair as she pulled him across the armrest between the seats. Once he was close enough, she wasted no time in kissing him firmly.