His Captain

Summary: Surrounding Harry's feelings after Uma rejected his kiss at the party after the barrier was brought down. Huma or Uma x Harry and some Audrey thrown in with her surprisingly insightful advice. This is kind of sort of a prequel to "Keep Your Enemies Closer" and "Girls' Trip." However, it isn't required to make sense of the other two.

   Harry spun Audrey around, grinning wildly at her, and pretending not to notice Jay's insistent glare on his back as he danced with her. She was pretty enough, but she couldn't really erase his underlying feelings about the rejection he had just endured from Uma.

He glanced over at his captain, watching her as she shimmied beside Gil and humored his silliness for a moment. Harry could see the fondness on her face as she rolled her eyes at the goofball, ruffling his hair out of its strangely and obviously quite temporarily perfect state.

He felt whatever happiness he had in his chest drop a little further as he considered what had happened just earlier. It was a sad state of affairs. The entire thing was.

"You're a great dancer, Hooky," Audrey teased, and he could easily see that she wasn't feeling quite as enthusiastic as she should've been given that everything was going so swimmingly. It was quite apparent that she was keeping a firm façade to cover her true feelings. It was as fake as anything he had ever witnessed. He could tell that she had a lot of practice at it, but it was effortlessly identifiable to someone who had endured as much pain as Harry Hook had in the past.

"Ye aren't so bad yerself, Princess," Harry flirted with her mindlessly, shooting another look in Uma's direction as he tried to appear enthusiastic about dancing with Audrey.

Audrey studied him for a moment as they skipped around one another, and he forced that charming grin on his face in hopes that she would swoon and completely forget whatever train of thought she was currently on.

Disappointingly for Harry, it only brought a slight smile to her face that most certainly didn't meet her eyes and she sighed slightly as she slowed a bit in their dance. It unnerved him to see her calm coolness and what seemed to be understanding of what he was feeling.

Harry Hook did not do emotions. Everyone knew that he was a flirt that never cared anything about anybody. The only thing he was loyal to was Uma, her ship, and the promise of trouble.

But that couldn't be farther from the truth.

"You love her, don't you?" Audrey asked him, and he was shocked at her intuitiveness. He quickly tried to think of something that was witty and would deflect her attention from his deeper feelings but she shook her head at him. She seemed to be able to read him like a book, and it scared him out of his mind.

"I've been after someone that I couldn't have before," Audrey confessed, and Harry watched as the mask slipped for just a moment to expose the true turmoil that was lying just beneath the surface with this girl. Audrey looked over at Ben dancing with Mal, and Harry was surprised to see a small smile come upon her face.

He knew that Ben getting engaged to Mal was the entire reason that she had went nuts not too long ago. But to see her actually appearing to approve of their relationship was absolutely amazing.

"I didn't stand a chance with him. But I should've seen it coming. I didn't love him as a girlfriend should, after all," Audrey solemnly confessed, and he sensed the need for her to tell this to someone that was almost suffering the same fate as her. He watched her carefully, soaking in her every word carefully.

"He always was my sweet big brother," Audrey continued, giggling a bit at the sight of Evie and Ben hip-bumping and acting crazy. After a moment of watching him, she looked back at Harry with a very serious expression.