Piratey Dragon

Summary: After Evie deems that Mal needs a destressing shopping trip, Mal asks Uma and Harry to come and watch Mallory. Unimaginable pirate hijinks ensue shortly thereafter. Huma and Mallory fluffy niece feels. It's a companion piece to "Auntie's Little Girl" and "The Bluebirds."

   Uma and Harry started into the hall of Mal's upper part of the castle, a comfortable silence surrounding them as Uma enjoyed the feel of his fingers laced with her own.

"Ye happy, Cap'n?" he asked her with a grin and she quickly noticed the stupid smile on her own face. Uma quickly forced it away and bumped his shoulder with her own gently.

"For some reason beyond all understanding," Uma replied. However, she very much knew the reason. There were actually two. One came in the form of the pirate walking along beside her and the other came in the little girl that they were about to babysit.

They approached the door and Uma knocked expectantly. There was some yelling and the heavy padding of footsteps before a very frazzled Mal opened the door to face them.

"Hi," Mal breathlessly greeted and Uma raised her eyebrows as she moved her gaze behind Mal, watching the tall bluenette in hot pursuit of the smaller one.

"Dang, you do need a babysitter," Uma commented, looking at Mal with a mischievous grin. Mal rolled her eyes and stepped aside so Uma and Harry could come in.

"I'm sorry I'm leaving you with her while she's so hyper," Mal apologized, breathing heavily and swallowing hard as she regained her breath.

"Aw, it isn't a big deal!" Harry told her emphatically. "We like 'em with a bit o' spice!"

"You sure you ain't thinking of fish tacos?" Uma jokingly asked him as she watched Mal with hidden pity. She pursed her lips in thought, hearing Mallory and Evie growing closer in their running through the house.

"So where is my little Starfish?!" Uma called out just as Mallory was even with them. She froze and Evie nearly ran her over as she fought to stop. Mallory got a really big grin on her face and she ran over to her aunt and uncle.

"Auntie Uma! Uncle Harry!" Mallory cried, and Harry bent down, scooping up the girl.

"Ahoy, there, me Wee Dragon! How are ye today?" Harry questioned. Mallory shyly nodded before hugging his neck tightly. Uma raised an eyebrow, knowing Mallory had a secretly not so secret crush on Harry. Uma found it cute, and she knew it was a phase that would pass.

However, after a moment of receiving absolutely no attention whatsoever from the little imp, Uma cleared her throat with an unimpressed expression, tapping Mallory's shoulder. The tiny bluenette turned to face Uma and her face lit up in a grin as she reached out for her.

Uma got a huge smile on her face as well, and she took the girl from Harry, pressing her forehead against that of the little one.

"Hey, Starfish," Uma greeted, rubbing her nose against Mallory's and the girl giggled.

"I'm glad you guys finally got here," Evie said, stumbling over to the four of them and leaning against the counter with a sigh of complete relief.

"Don't worry. We can take it from here," Uma assured her, confidence in her tone. Evie and Mal finally caught their breath and started to leave.

Mal looked Mallory in the eye from her current vantage point perched in Uma's grasp and Mal smiled sweetly at her.

"You be a good girl for Auntie Uma and Uncle Harry, okay?" Mal checked. Mallory nodded in that way too innocent to be true sort of manner and Mal kissed her cheek before heading out the door. "Love you, sweetie."