We Are Off to See the Wizard Part 15

Summary: Audrey's Annual Halloween Bash is coming up, and Evie has thought of a rather interesting costume idea for the Core Four. Several of their friends get pulled into the epiphany, too. It's super fluffy with Huma, Jaudrey, Bal, Jarlos, Core Four fluff, and Mal and Hades father/daughter feels.

  All was pitch black and one could only feel whoever was next to them as they screeched in the oblivion.

However, after a few moments, their screams died out and they quieted slowly.

Jane was tucked firmly against Carlos and Jay was holding Audrey in his arms firmly, his hand against the back of her head as he attempted to shield her from whatever could harm her in this untrekked territory. Gil was next to Harry and Uma, shaking slightly as he tried to make out absolutely anything in the darkness.

"Are we dead?" Evie finally asked, holding Mal tightly against her with the purple-haired girl's head tucked beneath her chin.

"More importantly, did we go to heaven?" Jane blubbered, still sobbing in Carlos' arms. He stroked her back, his own tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he tried to stay strong for his girl.

"Huh. Heaven's darker than I thought it'd be," Uma piped up absentmindedly.

"Uma's here? Nope, we are definitely not in heaven, you guys," Mal shortly announced.

"You know, I tried, and I tried to be good," Mal sighed and leaned into Evie more fully. Evie melted against the faerie, holding her warmly in her arms as she stroked the shorter girl's head.

"Well, I reckon you should've tried harder, dragon breath," Uma shot back, her voice betraying just how nervous she actually was as her back touched Harry's chest and her hand firmly closed around his hook.

"I know you tried, M. You did the best you could," Evie reassuringly told her, calmingly petting Mal's head.

"Wait a minute. If this isn't heaven, why are you here, E?" Mal asked before pulling away from Evie slightly as she tried to spot her friend's face in the darkness. However, she didn't see anything at all in front of her, despite the fact that she could feel Evie's body brushing against her own.

"I should've never carved that pumpkin!" Evie exclaimed, feeling tears brimming in her eyes as she grew increasingly emotional about the entire situation.

"Y'know, Cap'n, I said I'd follow ye, but I didn't exactly mean this," Harry interrupted before Mal could say anything that might be even slightly reassuring to Evie, and Mal easily heard Uma's completely unimpressed groan.

"Uma, I'm scared. Can you hold my hand?"

"Boy, I ain't holding your hand! Man up!" Uma proclaimed, but placed her hand on Gil's shoulder nevertheless in an attempt to soothe the poor guy.

"Do you think my funeral will be pretty? I hope they color-coordinate the flowers," Evie mournfully expressed, holding onto Mal tightly as she drew the slightly younger girl against her firmly.

"I know," Mal sighed, returning Evie's hug with an arm to at least humor the bluenette somewhat.

"Do you think they'll sing my song?"

"Which one? 'All the Single Ladies' or 'Old Town Road?'" Uma questioned, full of snark, but she was lacking her usual bite and Mal easily assumed that the pirate was more shaken than she would like to let on.

"No, neither of those. More like... She chilled like a villain! And if she had gotten the right kiss, she could not have to miss! Her life as a-"