Oh, Baby, Baby Chapter 10

Summary: Mal is sleeping over at Evie's place one night when she ends up sleepwalking and sleep-eating. Naturally, this leads to trouble. But the type of trouble it caused was what no one could have expected. Let's just say Mal's being a real "baby" about it. Mal and Evie friendship/sister feels, Uma friendship feels with Mal and Evie, Core Four feels, Bal, Huma, Jarlos, and Jaudrey.

   "Hurry, you guys! Hurry, hurry, hurry!!!" Mal rushed as Mal and Uma searched through the spell book as fast as they could.

"You could help a little!" Uma told her in a harsh whisper, and Mal just rolled her eyes.

"Well, I told you exactly what section it was in," Mal replied, and Uma just growled as she searched through the section that Mal had given them.

"It ain't in this part of the book, I'm telling you!" Uma told the faerie, and Evie shook her head as she looked through the book swiftly, scanning through the pages as quickly as Uma was.

"Mal, are there any other sections it could fall under?" Evie demanded nervously, knowing that people had to have heard the alarm earlier.

"Well, I don't know. Turn it to the table of contents and let me look," Mal instructed, stepping up on the pedestal so that she was standing behind the kneeling forms of Uma and Evie.

"I'm thinking either trans... transform... transformation spells or the age spells I just sent you to," Mal told the girls, and Evie swiftly turned to the transformation spells.

Uma read as fast as she could, and Evie scanned the length of the other page. Evie winced as she spotted a particular spell that was awfully familiar and involved four legs and a tail. Immediately, she was reminded of her Labrador form that she had suffered so much as a result of.

However, before she could even comment on this or share her terrible memories, a familiar accented voice suddenly sounded nearby.

"Well, well, well, what do we 'ave 'ere?"

Mal, Evie, and Uma jumped in shock, surprised at the sudden voice and even more upset when they saw exactly who it was that had interrupted their work in finding the spell that would solve all of their problems.

There not too far from them were Harry, Gil, Jay, Carlos, Jane, and Ben in their pajamas, almost all of them staring at the three girls in total shock. Except for Gil and Harry. Gil was pleasantly unaware of what was so strange about this situation, and Harry was the only one that seemed perfectly comfortable with and actually even interested in it. The rest of the group were just staring in complete disbelief.

"What are you guys doing with a kid?" Ben finally asked, and Evie, Mal, and Uma snapped out of their silent gaping at the group that had just entered the room. Evie furrowed her brow, deciding she'd answer.

"Oh... Well, that's a funny story," Evie trailed off, looking really quite perplexed as she tried to think of a good explanation for this. However, after only a moment, she got a huge, sly grin on her face and continued with an explanation.

"And it's because we're-"

"If you say on our period, I'm going to strangle you," Uma interrupted Evie, glaring at Evie in frustration, and Evie simply quieted down, biting her bottom lip a bit as she tried to think of some other explanation.

Jay and Carlos shared a glance, and Carlos suddenly narrowed his eyes as he looked at Mal who was desperately attempting to hide her face.

"Hey, wait a minute. I know you!" Carlos announced, pointing at Mal. Mal froze, offering the boy a huge guilty smile.