Mother's Day

Summary: It's the night before Mother's Day when Mal finds Evie in the middle of a panic attack, sitting on the couch by herself in the dark at 3:00 AM. Evie's had a nightmare and is utterly terrified, and it's up to Mal to help her sister recuperate. Mal and Evie best friend/sister feels.

   Mal jerked awake, not knowing what had caused her to awaken. She furrowed her brow, realizing the television in front of Evie's bed was still on but was silenced.

Mal and Evie were having one of their frequent sleepovers that they always loved to have with one another, and they had been sitting in Evie's bed watching some movie that Mal couldn't remember the name of at the moment. The last thing that the faerie remembered was cuddling into Evie's side with her eyelids drooping further and further while Evie became just as drowsy.

Ultimately, nothing had changed in the room since they had fell asleep except for the oddly muted television.

But there was also the strange absence of Evie in the bed beside Mal.

Mal furrowed her brow, wondering what had happened to the other girl. Where had Evie gone? Evie wasn't one to get up in the middle of the night, despite her habit of being a light sleeper. And obviously, the girl had muted the television.

Evie could have just went to the bathroom. But for some reason, Mal found that highly unlikely. It was almost as if some unconscious instinct within the girl was warning her otherwise.

Mal blinked a few times, trying to gather her wits about her as she made the decision to go and look for Evie. Mal got up from the bed, stumbling into the hall as she made her way through the house.

Mal looked around the house somewhat bleakly before her eyes settled upon an exceedingly strange sight.

There on the couch was Evie, just sitting and not doing anything whatsoever. Mal was almost immediately more aware as she observed the other girl. It was terribly strange for Evie to be sitting on the couch of all places. And in the dark in the middle of the night.

"What're you doing up, E? It's... Well, I don't exactly know what time it is, but it's pretty early in the morning," Mal pointed out, laughing slightly as she questioned the other girl with some concern.

Evie did not respond to Mal's words at all, and actually didn't even act as if she had heard Mal speak. Mal furrowed her brow as she stared at the back of her best friend's head.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mal questioned, hesitantly approaching the girl on the couch from behind. Evie didn't move, just staring ahead into empty space. Mal furrowed her brow, moving to the side of the sofa slowly as she came closer to Evie.

"Evie?" Mal called carefully, and Evie never looked at her. Mal sat down next to the other girl at a safe enough distance that Evie could choose to move nearer or not.

Very unfortunately, Mal recognized this look. It was one that she oftentimes had on her face after a particularly rough night of dredged up memories.

But as Evie wouldn't look at her at all, Mal knew she had to bring a stop to it.

Mal reached out for Evie's hand gently, and as soon as her fingertips brushed the top of it, Evie jumped as if she had been shot, straightening immediately and her posture turning significantly rigid. Mal just kept her hand where it was, barely touching Evie, and she looked the bluenette in the eyes.

"Evie, it's me," Mal told her, and Evie just kept staring at her blankly as if some subconscious part of her brain was not allowing her to register this information. Mal raised her hand slowly, trying to bring back some piece of Evie.

Descendants Fanfiction CollectionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara