Urban Cowgirls Part 4

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

   "Do you really think it's a good idea to wear these today?" Mal questioned as she pulled on a loose plaid button-up short-sleeved shirt, tucking it in swiftly.

Mal was currently knee-deep in a conversation surrounding the value of Evie's outfits when working on a farm. Evie was adamant that they were the best option, but Mal was mostly sure that it was not a good idea to dress up so fancily when they were going to be dealing with animals. There were too many opportunities to mess them up completely.

"Well, yeah. That's what I made them for- authentic cowgirl living," Evie informed Mal proudly, and Mal just raised an eyebrow at her as she shook her head.

"E, am I tucked in all around?" Mal questioned, and Evie paused as Mal turned slowly.

"Yeah. But come on, M!" Evie pleaded, going right back to her begging about the outfits. Mal groaned, looking at the clothes that Evie had very neatly laid upon Mal's suitcase. Mal spotted the hat on top of the pile, and she sighed, reaching down and grabbing it as she put it on her head.

"I will wear this. That is all I will do," Mal told her carefully. Evie just sighed, pouting as she gazed at her best friend.

"Yo, throw me my hat. I think it ended up over there with yours somehow," Uma called, and Mal rolled her eyes, picking up the green hat and slinging it to Uma. The pirate captain caught it quickly and placed it on top of her head.

"Yeah, you threw it at me last night in your sleep, and the brim hit my face like a train. I think you were dreaming about something or another," Mal replied simply as she eyed the girls on the other side of the room that were getting dressed.

"Huh, I was wondering why that groan of surprise and slight pain was so realistic," Uma marveled, and Mal just scoffed.

"Mal, why won't you wear it with me?!" Evie demanded, already clad fully in her outfit, and Mal groaned.

"Nobody else is wearing them except Audrey!" Mal proclaimed, gesturing at the pink princess. Evie turned to face Audrey, and her face lit up in a giant grin as she looked at the girl. Evie strode over and threw her arm around Audrey's neck as she took her over to face Mal.

"And you see, Mal, that's called loyalty!" Evie declared self-righteously, and Mal rolled her eyes with a huff. Audrey looked exceedingly uncomfortable to be in the middle of this discussion.

"Okay... I really don't know why you're making this such a big deal," Mal expressed, turning and starting for the ladder. Evie followed her quickly, letting her arm slip from Audrey.

"I just want my best friend in the whole entire world to wear my masterpieces with me!" Evie sweetly told her sister as they started to descend the ladder to the lower level of the barn. Audrey, Uma, and Jane followed them quickly.

"I'm wearing your boots and your hat," Mal informed her, trying to be helpful. Evie just sighed.

"I know, Mal. I know," Evie told her, and they started out of the barn, Evie's arm thrown around Mal as they headed for the house. Uma trailed behind them, looking around as she tried to spot a certain fluffy creature.

Mal tentatively knocked on the door, and Anne called for them to come in. They went inside the house, Evie releasing Mal as she followed Mal in. When they all gathered in her small kitchen, Anne turned and smile at all of them.