Urban Cowgirls Part 3

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

   By the time that they arrived at the road off the highway leading to the farm, Mal was ready to jump out of the window, Audrey was about to scream, and Jane was still clapping along, albeit slightly less enthusiastically. Evie was still going strong, now with Tanya Tucker's "Delta Dawn." But the worst part was that Uma had decided to sing along. Even though she didn't know any of the words.

"Somethin', somethin', somethin', Delta Dawn! Don't know how it goes-awn!" Uma sang with Evie's correct lyrics, and between them both, they were a giant headache. The louder that Uma tried to sing and screw up Evie's singing, the louder Evie carried her tune to counteract it.

Mal looked back at Audrey, and Audrey met Mal's eyes in an almost traumatized manner. The pink princess leaned up so that she was nearby Mal, wincing as she glanced at Evie who had just started singing a little louder.

"How long is it going to take until we get there?" Audrey asked, her mouth near Mal's ear. Mal shrugged and shot an unimpressed look at Evie before dedicating more attention to the princess behind her.

"I don't think too long," Mal replied quietly. Audrey just looked between Uma and Evie before shaking her head, her deep chocolate eyes meeting Mal's own emerald ones.

"Would you judge if I started yelling profanities?"

"No. But I think that Evie would have a fit," Mal answered, and Audrey sighed.

"I won't, then. We certainly can't stand any more noise," Audrey spoke, and Mal nodded emphatically.

"Definitely."

Before long, there were rolling pastures on the sides of the road and Mal couldn't help but think that they must be getting close.

Soon enough, at the last chorus of "Delta Dawn," they reached the driveway to the farm, and Evie turned in, reaching over and turning off the radio as they took it all in. Mal and Audrey shared a glance of relief, as Evie marveled at everything around.

"Aw, man. You done killed my tunes!" Uma proclaimed with a barely held back laugh. Mal and Audrey shot her a warning glare as they signaled her to stop talking lest Evie start back up again.

They finally came to a stop in front of the farmhouse, and Evie turned the key so that the radio still had power but the engine was off.

Evie looked to her left, noting the cows nearby the fence, and she looked to her right, gaping at the horses trotting up to see who had come. Mal was just baffled by it all. She had never seen so many animals in one place.

Movement caught their eye and they looked at the porch, seeing the elderly couple there. The old man had a cowboy hat on, and Mal immediately knew that was the kiss of death. Evie's face lit up in an enormous grin as she practically dove for the radio.

"I'm going to make my impression as a real cowgirl with a real cowgirl song!" Evie proclaimed, and Audrey's jaw slackened in pure horror. Uma just raised an eyebrow and leaned forward.

All of a sudden, "The Git Up" started to play loudly out of the speakers, and Evie skipped it to her most favorite part. She put on her cowgirl hat, tipping it to Mal playfully as she jumped out of the Jeep excitedly.