Girls' Trip Part 7

Mal let out an enormous yawn as she went downstairs with the other four girls. They had all gathered their things and were ready to leave early. Honestly, no one could stand staying in that bed for any longer.

Mal immediately realized that the old man and woman were sitting at the desk once again, and she glanced at Evie to gauge her expression. The bluenette had most assuredly saw them and she kept her gaze on the floor as she started on her way out.

"Bye, kids! I hope you had a nice stay," the elderly lady grinned, looking at all of them.

"See you, Evie Catarina with a size thirty-six-B bra!" the old man shouted with a cackle just as Evie was nearly out the door. She squeaked and slammed the door behind her, running as fast as she could to Charlene.

Mal resisted the urge to laugh as she waved at the twins. She knew that they had to have heard her yelling from the previous night.

"So long, Mal Bertha!" the two of them synchronously spoke and Mal's eyeballs nearly fell out of her head. She looked back at them and they just smiled with a knowing look. Mal quickly scurried out the door behind everyone.

Uma, Jane, and Audrey all started to pile in the backseat of the vehicle and Mal got in quickly, passing her suitcase to the others so they could put it behind them.

"Does everyone have their suitcases?" Evie checked last-minute with a falsely cheery grin as she was about to crank Charlene.

Everyone nodded and expressed varying affirmations in response to Evie's inquiry.

Evie suppressed the urge to yawn as she started the Jeep up, quickly backing out of the parking lot and starting her way onto the road. She needed away from this nutty motel.

Mal looked out the window, internally sighing in relief at the sight of the sign for The Cozy Cottage growing farther away from them.

The growing silence didn't disturb anyone else, but it was starting to really bother Audrey. She was so used to Uma constantly pestering her and bothering her that when Uma wasn't performing her normal antics, it was almost disturbing.

Plus, Uma's aggravation meant that Audrey was part of the group. Even after her initial hatred of VKs, they were accepting of her and allowed her to try to make up for all that she had done as well as how she had acted.

So, Uma not talking to and making fun of her simply would not do.

There were a few more moments of silence, and Audrey cleared her throat, dispelling the quiet surrounding them.

"Well, Uma, don't you have anything to say?" the pink princess questioned, almost desperately. Uma shrugged, glancing in the other girl's direction.

"Forgive me, your highness, but I seem to have run out of go-juice. Something about having absolutely no sleep tends to leave one a little quiet," Uma replied sarcastically with only a hint of her usual joking, rowdy bite.

"Well, Mal, are you going to talk?"

"I can. What do you want to talk about?" Mal absent-mindedly asked, her brain not truly focused on Audrey's inquiry in the midst of her exhausted stupor.

Audrey barely held back the huff of frustration as she looked at everyone in the car, but mostly Uma.

"Gosh, I wish things would get a little bit more exciting. You've been torturing me nonstop since we started this trip. I expect better from you," Audrey disapprovingly reprimanded Uma as she lightly slapped her knee. Uma rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Audrey, and the pink princess was pleased to see at least a little bit of her personality shining through.