Genevieve Labrador Part 14

Summary: Evie and Mal are looking for Mal's spell book that Celia has stolen again when a certain mishap occurs... A hairy mishap that Mal and Evie very unfortunately have to deal with. Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and Core Four feels with a special emphasis on Evie and Mal's sisterly/best friend relationship.

   Mal and Evie were both seated on Mal's new couch, relaxed there together as they tried to make it further through Jumaji. However, they weren't doing much better than last time, because they both were nearly asleep as Evie rested her head on Mal's stomach. Mal was gently stroking Evie's ears, rubbing them softly as she barely kept awake.

Evie's eyes were shut in pure contentment, enjoying her best friend's touch as she relaxed.

Evie was so unbelievably glad to be back with her sister. Her tail had been in a constant, never-ending wag since they had left the shelter. Ben and Uma were there to greet her and Mal as soon as she walked out of the back.

Ben had let her lick his face- Mal and Evie shared a conspiratorial wink at the fact that Evie had done it purely of her own will and not of the dog's, a sort of inside joke between them after the admission about the garbage hamburger- and Uma had knelt down and actually hugged Evie before attempting to blow it off with something about not being outdone by Ben.

And it had been so nice to see everyone that evening when Jay's Tourney game was over and Audrey, Jane, and Carlos were back from school. Harry and Gil had finally come over, but only after Uma had given Harry a stern fussing.

Everyone was so absolutely relieved to see her safe and at home. Jane had immediately hugged her in a suffocating grip, almost falling into tears at seeing her back. Audrey had fussed over her for a long time, and she had even giggled when the dog's impulses slipped through and caused her to lightly lick the tip of Audrey's nose. Jay and Carlos had scratched and petted her for a long time. Harry and Gil had even offered some pets for her.

Eventually, everyone, even Ben, had left Mal and Evie to spend some quality time together. And they had taken full advantage of the situation, immediately relaxing on that silly new couch.

All was well in their world at this moment.

Except for the fact that neither Jane, Carlos, nor Audrey had managed to find the spell book anywhere at the school. But that was the least of the two's worries as they were just enjoying one another's company.

However, a sudden knock interrupted them quickly. Mal jumped a bit beneath Evie and Evie raised her head up to look at the door, her brow furrowing curiously. Mal shared a glance with the dog, and she scooted out from underneath Evie as she got up.

Mal headed for the door, opening it and her eyes widening as she beheld the last person she expected to see at her front door.

It was Celia Facilier, standing there before her with an exceedingly guilty expression on her face as she looked at the faerie.

"Celia? What brings you here?" Mal questioned, totally confused as she looked at the girl. Evie raised up on the couch with increased interest, attempting to see past Mal to the adolescent in question. However, she couldn't manage to spot her, so she lowered her head a bit, resting it on the arm of the couch.

"I'm sorry, Mal. I just can't keep it anymore," Celia informed the young Queen as she procured a particular item from behind her back, holding it out to Mal carefully.

It was the spell book in all of its gorgeous, magical glory. It shone there in the light, and Mal could've sworn there was more glitter to it than the last time she had laid eyes on it. Of course, it could've been the general air of hope in things.