Rural Urbanites Part 1

Summary: Mal, Evie, Uma, Audrey, and Jane are revisiting the farm, this time bringing a furry addition to the group with them. Who knew that addition would end up causing more trouble than the girls got into last time? A sequel to "Urban Cowgirls" with Huma, Bal, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and family/friendship feels.

"Do you girls have your hats?!"

"Got them, E!"

"Do you girls have your boots?!"

"Got them, Evie!"

"Do you girls have the dog?!"

"Does the giant white thing running around the room give you your answer?"

"Just tell me, Uma."

"Ugh... Yes, we got her, Blue!"

"Good," Evie praised as she repositioned the cowgirl hat on her head while looking in the mirror carefully while the other girls hurried about the room and made final adjustments before getting ready to leave.

Once again, the group was headed out for another of their infamous trips. However, this one was unique in that they actually enjoyed the trip enough to return for another visit. Unlike their camping disaster...

They were all returning to the farm that they had spent about a week of their last Fall.

While Audrey had to be coaxed to go back, but for the most part, all of the girls were very excited to go and spend time with the elderly couple George and Anne that had been so kind to them during their time there. In fact, it was George and Anne's idea for them to come back.

However, not only were the girls excited to meet the two farmers, but they were also enticed to come back as a result of their many crazy and sometimes fun memories that they so treasured. There was one particularly fond memory for Uma in that the farm was where she had gotten her dearest Great Pyrenees Jade.

At this moment, however, they were not having a good time. It was around noon, and the girls had somehow ended up oversleeping and somewhat missing their scheduled leaving time. And as a direct result of that, the girls were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

"Wait!" Evie called suddenly, and they all froze, looking at the bluenette silently as they waited for her to speak.

"Do we have my Country Music Awesome Mix CD?" Evie questioned as she patted herself down before pulling out the CD with a grin. Audrey rolled her eyes and Mal chuckled fondly, and they were about to start out the door when Uma suddenly shouted.

"Wait!"

"What?" Evie asked worriedly as she gazed at the pirate.

"We forgot the earplugs!" Uma told them all, and Audrey couldn't help but snicker. Mal smirked in enjoyment, and Jane looked at Evie sympathetically.

"Very funny. But we've got to go!" Evie proclaimed, practically shoving them out the door. Mal quickly fell into step along with Evie---primarily because Evie was dragging her--- and Mal's somewhat shorter legs had to move fairly quickly to keep up with Evie's longer ones. The other girls, however, came along at various speeds behind the best friend duo.

Audrey was a bit slowed because she was trying to look in her compact and check her makeup as well as her cowgirl hat's position, and Jane was attempting to stay next to Audrey Uma held Jade's leash tightly in her hands as Jade easily kept pace alongside the pirate, her large and powerful legs running along.