Genevieve Labrador Part 6

Summary: Evie and Mal are looking for Mal's spell book that Celia has stolen again when a certain mishap occurs... A hairy mishap that Mal and Evie very unfortunately have to deal with. Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and Core Four feels with a special emphasis on Evie and Mal's sisterly/best friend relationship.

   "What is this?" Evie questioned, looking up at Mal as she tilted her head with her eyes conveying just how unimpressed she was despite her cheery voice.

"Carlos' recipe with ground beef and rice," Mal informed her, smiling at her best friend sympathetically. Evie winced and sniffed carefully at the stuff sitting before her.

Uma had officially left the two to give Harry and Gil a firm talking-to so that she could perhaps convince them to behave themselves. Mal certainly didn't envy them right about now, and she knew that Uma was likely chewing them out at this very moment.

Evie looked up at Mal somewhat distrustfully but took a big bite out of the food sitting before her and swallowed it hard. She coughed painfully afterward, her ears tucking back against her head flatly.

"M, it's so dry, and there's absolutely no grease to make it taste any better!"

"That's supposed to be what's so healthy about it," Mal told the dog. Evie rolled her lip up at the disgustingly bland taste of the food and moved her snout over to drink some of the water. She stuck her mouth into the liquid and found that she couldn't drink it at all like she was trying to.

"I can't drink!" Evie cried, freaked out a bit as she desperately attempted to suck in the water.

"Evie, use your tongue to slurp it into your mouth. Like dogs do," Mal instructed, and Evie hesitantly stuck her tongue out of her mouth, dipping it into the water as she chose to trust Mal.

Before long, the instincts of the dog dominated, and she started to lap at the water swiftly. Mal raised an eyebrow and kept quiet as Evie happily drank.

"Ahh, that's a relief," Evie finally spoke. After a moment, she looked to her food with trepidation. Evie sighed, somewhat dramatically deciding that she had to eat it despite its tastelessness.

Evie took a deep breath, preparing herself, before hastily gobbling the food as fast as she could manage.

"It's so dry," Evie whined, repeating her complaint from earlier. Mal just shrugged, communicating her helplessness in the situation.

When Evie was finally done, she drank the remainder of the water in her bowl.

"Okay, M. I was a good girl. Now I need my Oreos," Evie informed her expectantly, looking up at Mal patiently as she waited for her chocolatey treat.

Mal winced, realizing that she was going to have to break the news to Evie. Carlos had just texted her a few minutes ago about all of the toxic and unhealthy ingredients and foods for dogs.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that..."

"Why not?" Evie asked innocently, her ears laying back against her head as her eyes grew a little bit wide. Mal suddenly felt her insides clench at having to deny her best friend of her most favorite dessert food ever. However, she kept reminding herself, it was for Evie's own good.

"Chocolate is toxic for dogs," Mal hesitantly told the dog sitting before her so prettily. Evie's eyes widened ridiculously as she took in this horrible, truly awful, terrible news.

"What about the inside of them?" Evie asked hopefully, her gaze lifting as she tried to find some part of the Oreo that she could eat. Mal shook her head, silently negating Evie's request.