Roughin' It Part 4

Summary: After Uma boldly and perhaps stupidly proclaims that she could handle camping easily, Mal, Evie, Audrey, Jane, and Uma end up on a camping trip that none of them were prepared for in the least. Friendship feels amongst all three girls, Huma, Jarlos, Jaudrey, Bal, and Hades father/daughter feels with Mal.

   "Okay, y'all ready to hear it?" Uma questioned, grinning widely as the light of the fire illuminated her teeth.

"No, but you're not going to stop until we do," Audrey pointed out with a slight groan, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

It was nightfall. The girls had somehow finally managed to set up the tent thanks to mostly Evie's directions and Mal's insistence that Uma follow them closely. Uma had actually managed to put it up mostly like the directions said, but there was one stubborn place that wanted to have a bit of a hole exposing the sky.

Uma and Mal had managed to push forward a few logs so that the girls could sit around the fire, and currently they were gathered around it and each eating their choice in sandwich. Evie was sitting on a log and Mal was sitting there on the ground, Mal's back pushed between Evie's legs as she rested an arm on Evie's thigh comfortably. Audrey and Jane were sitting together on the same log, leaving Uma to sit on the other side of the fire as she readied herself to tell her great story that she had been wanting to recount for so long.

"Alright, then," Uma spoke, standing up to look at the other four in the group.

"Now let me just say that this was recounted to me from a kid from Auradon Prep when I was taking them on a tour through the museum. He had just come home from a camping trip at this very area, actually," Uma started, and Audrey rolled her eyes with a huff.

"Of course that's how it went. It's not like you're telling us that it's real information just to scare us," Audrey spoke, and Jane shook her head at Audrey, turning her attentions to Uma.

"Audrey, you know these things are always true!" Jane expressed. Evie looked at the two girls skeptically, and ultimately chose to ignore them in favor of listening to Uma's story. She ran her fingers through Mal's hair carefully as she took a few bites of her sandwich.

"But the poor boy seemed really shaken up, and I thought I'd tell you guys about it," Uma pointed out, nodding to the girls. Mal allowed a slight smirk to grace her face, fully confident that Uma was just trying to scare them again.

"So apparently, back in the early nineteen-hundreds, there was a house on this lot that we're standing on. Which I guess would explain the old logs we found around here in the bushes for us to sit on, doesn't it, Mal?" Uma pointed out, and they all couldn't help but glance about at the logs. Mal raised an eyebrow suspiciously, but didn't say anything as she stuck to her belief that Uma was full of it.

"It really does... These do look like housing logs," Evie observed and Mal rolled her eyes affectionately at the bluenette, squeezing Evie's knee carefully from her place on the ground before Evie.

"E, how do you know what housing logs look like?"

"I don't, but they do have slots in them like Lincoln Logs," Evie pointed out, and Audrey, Evie, and Jane eyed the logs somewhat fearfully after Evie's surprisingly astute reflection. Uma just nodded to Evie slowly before continuing in her story.

"And during that time, there was a couple living there.

"They were a really sweet couple---"

"Oh, this could be a happy story!" Jane piped up with a nervous yet hopeful smile, and Uma's eyes rested on her carefully and silently for a long moment.