All's Fair in Love and War

Summary: Mal has been binge-pranking Evie all day long. When and where Mal least expects it, Evie gets her revenge. Very slight Ben and Mal or Bal, but largely a sisterly/best friend fanfic.

   Mal's eyes darted over at the girl nearby her. She couldn't help it- she was terribly nervous. Evie wouldn't like what she was doing. In fact, she'd downright hate it. But Mal had to get her fix.

It had been too long since she had it. She needed it more than anything she had ever needed before and she couldn't envision another day or moment without it. Her brow furrowed, the metal quickly approaching its target.

"And just one more.... Yes!" she whispered in victory, successfully hooking up the last alarm clock. She stood carefully from her kneeling position behind her dresser, and moved to the door almost completely silently. Mal took the doorknob in her hand and carefully opened it, keeping her eyes on the girl sleeping soundly in the bed. She didn't want to wake up the bluenette if she didn't have to. She eased out of the door and kept it cracked, peeking in.

She needed some more mischief in her life.

Mal checked her newly purchased phone nervously and widely grinned at the time. It was eight-fifty-nine A.M. on the dot, and she knew that things were about to go nutty. Just as soon as it hit eight o'clock.

"Three.... Two.... One!" Mal watched eagerly as her phone turned over to nine and the alarm clock near Evie's bed began to go off. Mal could see Evie stirring a bit as she drowsily hit the alarm clock with a small noise of irritation.

It was going perfectly. Mal knew that Evie assuredly would not get up immediately. It was the weekend, after all, and Mal knew Evie loved her beauty rest when she could possibly get it.

9:01 came on her phone and the green-eyed girl suppressed a thrilled giggle as two more alarm clocks started making noise.

Evie shook her head and groaned, slapping her alarm clock again. However, it did nothing to stop the alarm clocks going off. Instead of bothering to try to find the clocks, she buried her head in her pillow and said something that Mal certainly couldn't understand.

Mal bit her bottom lip in sheer excitement. Her favorite alarms were about to go off.

Suddenly, very loudly, an assortment of shrill rings began to go off. Evie shot up in her bed, completely freaked out, and Mal resisted the overwhelming urge to laugh.

The bluenette tumbled out of her bed and landed on her rear end, crawling around to the other side to see how to stop the noise that was reverberating all over the room.

Evie managed to stop some of them pretty quickly, but Mal had hidden several, making it even more irritating to have to find and shut them each off. Evie stood up clumsily and stumbled over to Mal's nightstand, turning one off. Mal had expected her to find that one fairly easily. It was just Mal's usual alarm clock.

Evie then blearily looked around in an attempt to find where the other ones were at.

She finally decided to look in the closet, opening the door and sifting through the many articles of clothing within. Mal chuckled as Evie practically threw the one from the closet onto the ground in her haste to unplug it.

Mal stood there for a while, watching the victim of her prank stumble about the room with an uncharacteristic clumsiness. After a while, however, it began to get a little boring and Mal could see that Evie was getting increasingly frustrated.

So Mal decided to bring all the chaos to a stop, and she waltzed over to the breaker box that was hidden in the nearby closet.

After pushing her way past the many brooms and mops- seriously, how many cleaning utensils did one hall need- Mal scanned through the many switches and tried the one that was labeled with the name of her and Evie's room. She waited for a moment and then flicked it back on.