Urban Cowgirls Part 21

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

   It was about a week later, and the girls had finally decided that they'd talk to the boys again after their immense apologizing and attempting to get on the girls' good side.

At this moment, everyone was lounged in Ben's study where the entire mess had started in the first place. Uma was leaned against Harry, her head on his chest and her legs curled under her with her puppy in her lap as Gil sat on the other side of the couch. Audrey and Jay were snuggled close together, and Jane and Carlos were on the opposing side of that same sofa.

They were all sitting there, trying to decide what to call Uma's new puppy.

"I say we call the lil' runt Hooky," Harry announced, and Uma rolled her eyes, seeing that the puppy didn't seem to really care for the name as it settled for gnawing playfully on Uma's fingers.

"Yeah, that's definitely not a keeper. And definitely not original either," Uma shot the idea down with a huff.

"What about Shrimpy?" Mal suggested, and Uma shot a glare in Mal's direction. The faerie just shrugged with a smirk, and Uma groaned.

"That's not even funny," Uma informed her shortly, pointing at the faerie in a scold, and Mal just stuck her tongue out at Uma before leaning her head on Evie's shoulder.

"What about... Fluffy?" Audrey suggested from her position against Jay with her hand on his neck as she rubbed it gently, and Uma shook her head.

"That's kind of obvious," Uma replied, and Evie sighed in thought as she played with Mal's fingers in her grasp. Mal's other hand was on Ben's leg, tracing circles on his knee as he rested an arm on the couch behind his wife.

"What about Bailey?" Evie questioned, and Uma raised an eyebrow as she stared at the bluenette.

"Where did you even come up with that one?" Uma asked as she stroked the Pyrenees's head. Evie just shrugged in response.

"I was trying for something that would be unique. Besides, I'd probably name my puppy that," Evie answered, and Uma looked down at the puppy, trying out the name. She never even looked up at the pirate, and Uma shook her head, deciding that they weren't calling her that.

"What are you waiting for? Her to tell you what she'd like to be called?" Mal asked sarcastically, and Uma just lowered her eyelids as a sign of her unimpressed emotions.

"Ha, ha, ha."

"Princess?" Ben offered, smiling a bit as he looked at Uma. Uma scoffed as she looked at the puppy.

"Princess. Good grief, she's a big, tough girl, not a giant pansy," Uma told him, and Audrey's gaze snapped over to Uma's offendedly.

"Princesses are not giant pansies. They are poised, graceful, and elegant."

"Keep telling yourself that, princess," Uma grinned evilly, and Audrey narrowed her eyes as she looked at the pirate.

"Hey, I've got an idea! What about Booty? Like a pirate," Gil suggested with a chuckle, and everyone looked at him as if he had lost his mind entirely.

"Yeah, and like a butt," Jay replied, and Gil's eyes widened with the realization.

"I totally never thought of that!" Gil cried, and Harry and Uma shared a glance of hopeless resignation. They had learned a long time ago that Gil wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.

"I like the pirate-type names, though," Uma commented, and Gil puffed up proudly at the praise.

"Moana? It means water. But it's also Masina's mom," Carlos acknowledged with a slight wince. Uma pursed her lips in thought as she looked at the puppy carefully.

"Aquarius?" Evie offered, and Uma tried it, really liking the name and hoping the puppy would, too. However, she never even showed the slightest of interest in it as she latched her teeth onto Uma's shirt and pulled on it.

"Why an astrological sign, E?" Mal questioned, and Evie smiled at her best friend as she exhibited those pretty, white teeth in a smile.

"I don't know. Aquarius is the water-bearer, so I thought it was kind of like a pirate name," Evie explained, and Mal nodded, agreeing that it was kind of in lines of what Uma was supposedly looking for.

"Cancer would work, too. 'Tis a crab," Harry pointed out, waving his hook a bit as he spoke. Uma raised an eyebrow.

"Or a sickness," Uma told him, and Harry rolled his eyes with a shrug.

"I s'pose if ye looked at it that way," Harry offered her a grin before swooping down swiftly and kissing her neck just underneath her ear. Uma waved him off, and instead looked at her puppy with quiet determination as she tried to decipher what to call her pup.

"Oh, I've got it! Sapphire? Because it's blue like water?" Jane asked with a small smile, and Uma furrowed her brow as she went over names of stones in her head.

"Stones, guys. Give me some stone names," Uma snapped her fingers, and everyone changed their thought process.

"Garnet?" Mal questioned, and Uma set her jaw a bit as she considered it.

"Amethyst?" Audrey offered, and Uma nodded noncommittally.

"Diamond?" Evie suggested.

"That's pretty," Audrey commented, and Evie offered her a grateful smile.

"Opal? Ew, that sounded like an old lady," Carlos shook his head, negating his own idea.

They were quiet for a few moments, all of them thinking as they tried to figure out a good, suitable name for the dog. After a few moments, she thought of a brilliant name that seemed to hit her like a ton of bricks.

"Jade," Uma spoke, and the puppy stopped everything it was doing as it looked up at her. Uma's face cracked into a smile as she looked at her pup.

"Jade?" In response, the puppy tilted her head.

"Jade?" Uma tried once more and the puppy jumped forward, licking Uma's nose as she wagged her tail happily.

"Alright, then. Jade," Uma spoke, and Jade excitedly wagged as she gazed at her owner. Uma grinned widely as she ruffled Jade's fur playfully.

They sat there together in comfortable silence for a little while as they all enjoyed one another's company, glad that they had taken care of Uma's naming predicament. And as they sat there with the boys, the girls were also very glad that they had left the farm and were back in the relaxing atmosphere of their own home.

"Your majesty, you have visitors," a servant suddenly spoke at the door, and Mal looked up curiously as she raised her head up from Evie's shoulder.

Mal furrowed her brow as she looked between Ben and Evie, trying to figure out who could possibly have come to visit them. Mal knew that it had to have been someone that they didn't know personally. After all, if it would have been Dizzy, Celia, or Hades, then they would have just walked right in without a formal announcement.

"Please. Let them in," Ben kindly commanded with a smile, willing to take in any guests that would request his company, and everyone in the room turned curiously to see who would be entering the door.

To the girls' utter shock and horror, there were four boys walking through the doorway with nice suits on and big bouquets of flowers in their hands as they shuffled in. One had striking blue eyes, one with dark hair, another with sandy hair, and another with mocha brown eyes similar to Evie's.

The girls' jaws dropped as they were all gazing upon no others than Bobby Ray, Beau, Junior, and Hank standing there before them.

Jay narrowed his eyes, Harry brought up his hook carefully, Carlos clung to Jane's hand a bit tighter, and Evie grabbed ahold of Mal and Ben carefully, the two nearest people to her.

Well... the girls hadn't completely left the lasting effects of the farm...