Oh, Baby, Baby Part 9

Summary: Mal is sleeping over at Evie's place one night when she ends up sleepwalking and sleep-eating. Naturally, this leads to trouble. But the type of trouble it caused was what no one could have expected. Let's just say Mal's being a real "baby" about it. Mal and Evie friendship/sister feels, Uma friendship feels with Mal and Evie, Core Four feels, Bal, Huma, Jarlos, and Jaudrey.

   Uma awoke with a start and she looked around the room, realizing that it was dark outside as she got her bearings. Uma furrowed her brow, wiping her eyes as she took her phone from the end table at the side of Evie's couch.

The three of the girls had indeed napped after they got home at around six forty-five. However, they hadn't planned to sleep until ten o'clock, as Uma was just now observing on her phone's screen. Uma turned to the side, stretching her legs out as she tried to regain feeling in her left one. Uma had been uncomfortably cramped in the midst of Evie's legs since the bluenette had curled up with Mal on the other side of the couch.

Uma stretched her arms, cracking her back in the process, and she put a hand on Evie's leg, squeezing and shaking it a bit.

"Hey, Blue. C'mon. You gotta get up. It's ten, and the museum's officially closed," Uma spoke, and Evie immediately stirred, waking up quickly.

Evie sat up, Mal still laying there on the couch where she had been curled against Evie. Evie blinked a few times as she looked at Uma. She then nodded her head.

"Okay," Evie yawned, her voice deeper than normal with the leftover influences of sleep.

Evie then proceeded to wake up Mal.

"Mal, let's go. We're going to get you transformed back to an adult," Evie explained, and Mal barely stirred. Evie tried several more times before deciding that she would simply carry Mal until the faerie woke up a bit more. Uma raised an eyebrow in surprise at the kid and her heavy sleeping that she was doing.

"Man. She's sleeping good," Uma commented with a slight grin as she winced a bit, trying to get her back to pop. Evie furrowed her brow, tilting her head slightly, and she eyed Uma sympathetically.

"The couch wasn't very comfortable, was it?" Evie asked regretfully, and Uma just shook her head, dismissing Evie's concern with a wave of her hand. She didn't want Evie to feel bad about the sofa.

"Nah, I'll live. I've slept on worse," Uma explained nonchalantly, and Evie nodded carefully, still feeling a bit guilty about the entire thing but ultimately deciding to let it go in favor of agreeing with Uma.

"Yeah, that makes two of us," Evie told her, and Uma just chuckled with a raise of her eyebrows as she stood up carefully, twisting her arms around as she finally got her back to crack in the perfect place.

"Aw, yeah, baby. That feels better," Uma expressed with a sigh of content. Uma then offered Evie a hand and when Evie took it, the pirate pulled the bluenette onto her feet.

Evie strode over to the bar in her kitchen and she picked up her keys and her purse, uncomfortably reminding Uma of what had happened the past few hours. Then, with a resolute nod, Evie headed out the door to Charlene with Uma behind her.

"E? Why's it dark?" Mal questioned groggily as they strode across the patio, her small voice suddenly sounding off nearby Evie's ear. Evie smiled, glad that Mal was awake finally.

"It's nighttime, and we're going to the museum to get you back to normal," Evie explained, and with those words, Mal was suddenly much more wakeful and aware. Mal sat up a bit more in Evie's hold, and she looked around as Evie approached the Jeep.