Girls' Trip Part 8

"You're being brought in for questioning because you five are the last people that were spotted on the video cameras at the Jify-Journey before a robbery occurred," the officer informed them in his idiotic-sounding voice, as he shoved them toward the police car.

Evie furrowed her brow, remembering the crappy little gas station from the day before. She climbed in the vehicle without a word, not feeling like arguing with him after how she had reacted to Mal.

The truth was that Mal had struck a chord inside of her, and a very sensitive one at that. Ever since the tire went flat, nothing had went right. Everyone was constantly bickering about something and everywhere they stopped was a disgusting hole.

Evie felt terribly guilty about everything, and she felt awful for making Mal feel bad. She wasn't upset with Mal at all, and if everyone else wasn't listening she'd eagerly apologize and try to make up with her.

"Sir, I am the Queen of Auradon," Mal sassily responded to the cop, and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"And I'm Princess Audrey of Auroria!" Audrey added desperately.

"I'm the daughter of the Fairy Godmother!" Jane fearfully explained.

"I'm an innocent hitchhiker?" Uma tried with a wide grin.

"I've seen the Queen of Auradon on the television. She's way prettier than you and can turn into a dragon," the police officer informed Mal with a sneer, and pushed her in the car.

"Let me out, and I'll show you just how I do it," Mal told her. The cop rolled his eyes and he turned to the other three that were standing there near the car.

"As for the rest of you lot, I don't believe a word you're saying. You criminal types are full of lies," he pointed out and Uma, Audrey, and Jane reluctantly got into the police car.

Mal suppressed a groan as the man started to get into the driver's seat.

"Idiot Cinderellasburg officer," Mal mumbled under her breath, leaning in nearby Uma. The dark-skinned girl nodded her head in agreement as she gave the man a nasty look.

The policeman started to drive and Mal stared at him through the rearview mirror, her eyes glowing green as she tried to silently communicate her identity. When he finally saw her magic, the man looked at her in a discombobulated sort of way and he gasped.

"You sorceress! That's against the law, too, and you're really gonna get in trouble for that!" the cop exclaimed and went a little faster in the direction of the police station lockdown.

Mal growled quietly in pure frustration. The people of Cinderellasburg were just like their rulers Prince Charming, Cinderella, and Chad- total and complete morons.

The drive was oddly short, and the cop soon had them walking through the doors of the police station.

"Hey, Barney! You drag in them there perps that were robbing the Jify-Journey?" a receptionist at the front desk questioned. Officer Barney, as he was apparently named, heartily nodded in return as he sent them on through the door that led to the lockdown area.

"Sure enough! I caught 'em speeding and that's when I found out that they were wanted for questioning about that robbery!" he proudly announced.

Mal walked in the front, followed by Evie, then Uma, Audrey just behind the pirate, and Jane at the back of the line.

They filed into the barred cage that was open and the policeman shut the gate, locking it securely behind them.

"Stick your hands through the slit here and I'll uncuff you," he instructed, and they all complied. Mal rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to turn into a dragon right in front of him. He probably just wouldn't understand, and he'd freak out even more over her "sorcery."