Thank You

Summary: Mal wants all of the VKs, the most important part of her family, to meet the newest very important addition to her ragtag, strange little group- her father. Hades father/daughter feels, Core Four fluff, and Hades/Core Four feelings.

   "Why do you think we're supposed to be coming to the Parfait Palace?" Carlos asked the other two VKs walking along beside him as he straightened his shirt that he simply could not seem to keep in place properly.

"Better yet, why is even called that? It sells girly lunch stuff, not desserts," Jay wondered aloud, chuckling under his breath as he furrowed his brow in thought. Evie shook her head at the two of them, not really knowing what to expect from the restaurant gathering but knowing that they should get there very soon.

"All Mal said was to meet her there and that it was important. Nothing more and nothing less," Evie informed them, going over for what felt like the millionth time what Mal had texted her about thirty minutes ago.

She noticed that Carlos was still trying to fix his shirt and she turned and easily adjusted it mid-stride. Carlos nodded his head in thanks, smiling at her.

"Who thinks of the names for these eating joints? I mean, really? Honestly, I could start my own restaurant and I'd call it something ten times more awesome," Jay continued in his fussing about the eatery's nomenclature.

"And what exactly would you name it, anyway?" Carlos questioned

"Jay's Junk Food."

"That's definitely going to attract everybody in town," Carlos somewhat sarcastically remarked, and Jay smiled, full of himself as he swaggered down the sidewalk.

"When they tasted it, you couldn't get them to leave," Jay assured him confidently. Evie rolled her eyes at the two fondly as she spotted the restaurant that they were supposed to be meeting Mal at.

"There it is, you guys. Let's go see," Evie brought their attention to it, and they all moved toward it a bit quicker in the midst of their curiosity surrounding the purpose of their invitation from their sister.

They all arrived at the door and Jay opened it, letting the rest of them in before entering himself. Evie looked around and easily saw a stunningly purple head of hair seated at a table with five chairs.

As if she felt that someone was looking at her, Mal turned her head and happened to see all of them. She waved them over and they looked at each other for a moment before easily complying.

The three VKs took their seats and Evie put her purse underneath her chair as she got comfortable next to Mal. Mal took a breath, smiling widely as she regarded her family.

"So first, let me say, I am so glad that you guys are all here," Mal expressed as she looked at the three people sitting just in front of her. The other members of the Core Four looked at one another quizzically before Jay decided to speak up.

"Uh... Why are you talking to us like we're a bunch of old farts on the council?" he asked her, and Evie couldn't help but giggle a bit at his blunt statement. Carlos just shrugged, agreeing with him as he gazed at Mal like a lost puppy.

"Yeah. Sorry about that. I'm kind of in the habit of it now since I started helping Ben with his meetings and getting in some practice before I'm Queen," Mal explained herself somewhat sheepishly, but began rocking on her heels in the midst of her ultimate feelings of excitement surrounding whatever it was that she was about to do.

"Trust me, she's a real expert with it," Evie told them with a warm smile thrown in Mal's direction. Mal grinned back at her, clapping her hands once as she glanced once more at them all.