Rural Urbanites Part 3

Summary: Mal, Evie, Uma, Audrey, and Jane are revisiting the farm, this time bringing a furry addition to the group with them. Who knew that addition would end up causing more trouble than the girls got into last time? A sequel to "Urban Cowgirls" with Huma, Bal, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and family/friendship feels.

   "Oh, loft sweet loft," Uma spoke aloud once she had gotten to the top of the ladder. She nodded in satisfaction as Audrey materialized next to her, having climbed up the ladder. The pink princess immediately looked at the pirate as if she had lost her mind.

"What?"

"You're crazy," Audrey replied with a dismissive hand gesture.

"Crazy... I'm crazy for feeling so lonely!" Evie immediately started to sing, and Uma rolled her eyes with a groan as Evie ascended the ladder.

"Great. Now look what you've got started," Uma complained, and Evie shot Uma a slightly disdainful glance as she passed by.

Mal and Jane then came up after Evie, and Uma heard a whine at the base of the ladder. Uma looked down, realizing that Jade was standing there at the bottom and looking up longingly. She put her front paws on the first few rungs and gazed at Uma with sad eyes. Uma immediately felt her heart melt at the sight, but she quickly cleared her throat, trying to dispel those feelings so the other girls wouldn't catch on.

"It's alright, baby, I'm sorry. I can't bring you up here like I used to. You're too big," Uma told her, and Jade whimpered pitifully, laying down at the bottom of the ladder and resting her chin on her paws sadly.

Uma sighed deeply, but before she could get too involved in this thought, Audrey immediately began fussing about how dusty the loft was, providing a good distraction for her.

"Seriously! They should clean this before we get here! Does no one value the saying that a clean environment leads to a clean mind?!" Audrey demanded as she blew at the dust, covering her nose as she tried to keep the dust away from her nose. Mal raised an eyebrow, glancing instinctively at Evie for her opinion but Evie seemed just as unknowing as Mal. So Mal then turned her attentions to the faerie.

"Is that really a saying?" Mal asked Jane, and Jane shrugged cluelessly.

"I have no idea," Jane replied with a slight laugh and a grin.

"Well, it makes me feel better that I'm not out on some Auradon Kid loop or something," Mal expressed, and Evie chuckled fondly as she started looking through her and Mal's luggage. At the sound, Mal swung her head around to smile happily at her best friend.

Evie soon withdrew a nightgown, and she then rummaged through Mal's luggage, pulling out a light tee and some soft sleep-pants.

"Here, M," Evie offered, holding the pajamas out to the faerie.

"Woah, woah, woah! Y'all hold up on putting on your skivvies. I've got this idea!" Uma interrupted suddenly, and they all looked at the pirate. Uma had a wicked smile on her face, and unfortunately for all of them, they knew it most definitely spelled trouble.

"I've got a really bad feeling about this, Uma," Audrey expressed, and Uma suddenly lost all hints of a smile as she looked at the princess. Mal couldn't help but wonder what Uma was about to do. Quite honestly, everyone was curious about what Uma was about to do.

"What? You got the Peter-Tingle going?" Uma questioned innocently, and Audrey's eyes went ridiculously wide as she gaped at Uma. The pirate somehow miraculously kept a straight face, wondering if Audrey was going to keep up with Uma's Spider-Man: Far From Home joke. After all, they had watched it together just the other day.