Pop-Pop vs. Grandpapa

Summary: When Adam comes over and babysits Mallory in an attempt to spend some quality time with her, Hades comes over. Mallory wants Hades to stay and play, and Adam and Hades end up being launched into a full-on battle of the grandpas. Family fluff and lots of humor.

   "Pop-Pop, come and jump with me!"

Adam's eyes widened as he spotted the girl hopping on the cushions on the couch.

"Now, Mallory, let's not get too crazy," Adam told her, reaching over and grabbing the girl in an attempt to stop her unruly behavior. Mallory giggled and smiled widely at him.

Adam sighed as he returned the grin.

He had wanted to spend some time with just himself and his little granddaughter in hopes of some great family bonding. He was completely unsure of how to interact with a girl- after all, he had a son- but he loved her dearly nonetheless and wanted to find some way to relate to her.

Ben and Mal must have sensed this need, so they headed off to some other part of the castle while Adam stayed at their place to watch Mallory.

Unfortunately for Adam, he was very afraid that he had just got in over his head because this child was seriously wild.

"Mallory, why don't I tell you a story?" Adam asked her. Mallory just shook her head, wriggling out of his grasp in favor of running around the room like the loose cannon that she was.

"No! Let's run!" Mallory told him as she hurried around the sofa in circles. Adam sighed in slight frustration as he tried to conjure up all of his patience.

"Dear, why don't we read a book like you and Gran do?" Adam offered, hoping that she would go for it. Mallory slowed a bit as she considered his suggestion, but she quickly sped up again, continuing in her running around like a crazy person.

"Can't stop, Pop-Pop!" Mallory cried with laughter as she excitedly ran around.

Before Adam could say anything else, there was a knock at the door. Mallory immediately paused in her hurrying around and looked at the door in curiosity. Adam furrowed his brow and stood up to go and see who it was.

He opened the door and was completely taken off guard to see standing before him the god of the Underworld himself. Hades had an easy smile on his face when he had first pulled open the door, but it quickly evolved to reserved stoicism as he regarded the former king.

"Hello, Beasty Boy," Hades coldly addressed him, and Adam furrowed his brow in distaste as he narrowly avoided snarling aloud.

"Hello, Hades," Adam practically spat.

"Grandpapa!" Mallory screeched in her excitement as she rushed past Adam, reaching her arms up in a request to be lifted as she hopped in front of Hades. His irritated expression immediately melted away in favor of a loving grin as he scooped up the girl into his arms.

"Hey, Baby-Cakes!" Hades greeted, full of enthusiasm as he squeezed the little girl tightly in his arms.

Adam couldn't help but feel a burning jealousy at the fact that Mallory appeared to be way more excited to see her other grandfather than she was to spend time with him at all.

"What brings you here?" Adam questioned, forcing cordiality in his tone when all he wanted to do was pinch Hades' head off for intruding. Hades lifted his gaze up to the other man's as he smirked.

"Oh, I was just looking for Mal, and I thought I'd check here first since, y'know," Hades shrugged with a snarky expression, "she kind of lives here."