Roughin' It Part 13

Summary: After Uma boldly and perhaps stupidly proclaims that she could handle camping easily, Mal, Evie, Audrey, Jane, and Uma end up on a camping trip that none of them were prepared for in the least. Friendship feels amongst all three girls, Huma, Jarlos, Jaudrey, Bal, and Hades father/daughter feels with Mal.

"Y'know, I personally think it'd be really cool if that lump on your head had magical qualities."

"How many times do I have to tell you? You can't extract magic by bonking your head into a tree."

"Well, I don't think that's true, because it's magically distracting me from the rest of your face," Uma pointed out with a laugh, and Audrey rolled her eyes, unimpressed with the pirate.

It was now nighttime, and the group of the girls were all relaxing inside the tent, despite Evie's leftover skunk stink. They all decided they could handle Evie's smell as long as Mal didn't stink along with her.

Plus, the other four had silently agreed that they would prefer Audrey to lie down.

"Mal, tell her, would you?" Audrey looked at the girl helplessly, and Mal raised an eyebrow.

"My dog's not in this fight," Mal simply replied, holding up her hands defensively as Evie laughed in response to the girl. Mal smiled over at her best friend as she returned her arms to their folded position behind her head.

"Coward," Uma shot at her, but Mal could tell the pirate didn't mean the words as she spoke as she leaned back on her sleeping bag. Uma sighed deeply and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Man, I've got a long night ahead of me," Uma spoke her thoughts aloud, and Mal was immediately brought to the thought of what was hanging in the tree just outside.

When they had gotten back, Uma had made the finishing touches on her booby trap and Evie's bra was unfortunately a part of it as well. It was frighteningly locked and loaded and when Uma showcased it to them, they were all appropriately terrified. She even had a giant stick with which to beat her prey for good measure.

"Are you sure that thing's even going to work?" Audrey questioned, and Uma just waved a hand dismissively at the princess.

"Of course. What kind of fantasy world are you living in?" Uma replied with an ask of her own, and Audrey just wordlessly raised an eyebrow in reply.

"So? Are y'all gonna stay up with me?" Uma asked, and Audrey scoffed.

"Unlike you, some of us actually value sleep," the princess shot back, and Uma just sighed a bit.

"Sleep is overrated," Uma informed, and Evie just chuckled under her breath at the statement. Mal offered the girl a slight smile. She knew exactly what Evie was thinking. It was no doubt a variety of scientific reasons for why sleep was not overrated.

"I kind of think that sleep is pretty important... I haven't been getting much of it lately," Jane mumbled, and Uma grinned widely as she looked over at the fairy from her position on the other side of Audrey.

"No doubt. Your butt's been keeping you up at night, after all," Uma pointed out, and Jane immediately shrank into her sleeping bag in pure mortification.

"Hey, you did walk right into that," Uma told the girl, and Jane just sighed as she nodded slightly, knowing it was true.

Mal rolled her eyes at both of them and chose to concentrate her efforts upon looking at her phone. She inspected her text messages that she had been trying to send to her father, and she noticed that there were absolutely none sent or received outside of the conversation they had last week about their opinions on dogs as opposed to cats.