Urban Cowgirls Part 20

Summary: The girls have gotten fed up with the boys' constant teasing, and they make a bet: the boys pick a place, and the girls will stay there for several days, doing just fine and not chickening out, which will prove their strong independence. Naturally, the place was not what the girls bargained for. Full of friendship feels among the girls with Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, and Jarlos thrown in.

  "Hey, there, boys," Mal spoke as she walked into Ben's study where she knew that the boys were most likely all hidden. Sure enough, they were all lounged on the couches, and they tensed up at the sight of the girls that had just entered.

Evie was just behind Mal, and she eyed them all with a calm sweetness. Uma and Audrey then came in, their eyes conveying only the kindest of emotion as they looked at their respective boys.

Jane came in after Audrey and Uma, offering Carlos a huge smile. Carlos felt something between guilt and relief, but he definitely knew to be on his guard.

"Hello, dear," Ben greeted, mustering a small grin despite the fact that his demise was about to come upon him. Gil had told them all what had happened the previous night when he accidentally spilled what the boys were doing.

"Hello, Benny-Boo," Mal replied, and Ben almost felt his heart drop to his feet as he gazed upon his wife with fearful uncertainty. She never, ever called him that, and to be quite honest, he was terrified of what it meant.

Harry was somewhat afraid of what was about to happen to him, but Jay wasn't afraid in the least, despite the fact that he definitely should have been.

"So did you guys have a nice trip?" Jay questioned with a chuckle, and the other boys looked at him as if he had lost his mind. Even Harry was a little hesitant to be so laissez-faire about this situation.

"Yeah. We'd love to do it again, actually," Mal replied with a huge grin and the other girls followed along, showing smiles of happiness and gratitude. The boys were on pins and needles. They knew that the girls had to be absolutely livid if they were being this calm and sweet about everything.

"You wouldn't believe all the fun we had!" Evie gushed with an enormous grin, and Jay and Carlos looked at one another, completely bumfuzzled by Evie's overwhelming happiness.

"So many great experiences we had," Mal added. "E caught a huge fish when we went out to the lake, and me and Jane helped her."

"But that was only the second day. On our first day, we were having the time of our lives. Jane got to ride a sheep, which was totally awesome," Uma informed them with a proud smile. "I was chasing her, but she had it mostly under control."

Carlos just stared at Jane, disbelieving that she had actually had fun on the sheep. She was not usually into things like that. But judging by the look on her face, she was fully satisfied with what she had done and even a bit proud of herself.

"Yeah. That was definitely a heck of a time, wasn't it? But it didn't count at all in comparison to when we rode horses," Mal told her, and Uma's eyes immediately lit up.

"You are so right! The horses were my favorite part. Oh, gosh, I loved those horses. I so want one now. I was a little scared at first, but after I got on, it was definitely the best thing I've ever done. We got to ride all morning on them, out looking for baby cows," Uma recounted, and Harry and Gil just gaped at her. They didn't know in what world that Uma wasn't afraid of horses, but this was honestly quite disconcerting.

"And I got to help birth a calf!" Mal exclaimed excitedly, and Ben furrowed his brow, knowing Mal didn't like disgusting things that involved birthing. But here she was, seeming like it was great and grand. "It was so amazing to truly see the miracle of life right in front of you."