Roughin' It Part 15

Summary: After Uma boldly and perhaps stupidly proclaims that she could handle camping easily, Mal, Evie, Audrey, Jane, and Uma end up on a camping trip that none of them were prepared for in the least. Friendship feels amongst all three girls, Huma, Jarlos, Jaudrey, Bal, and Hades father/daughter feels with Mal.

   "Hey, Audrey? Do you happen to have any of that perfume you wear?" Evie questioned suddenly as she drove down that familiar road leading back to Mal's castle.

After they went back and got Jane, they headed back to the castle and, at Evie's insistence, didn't stop even once. Fortunately, nobody had to go to the bathroom yet, but their legs were certainly feeling cramped after riding for a while without any stretch breaks.

But now they were very close to home, and they were all so looking forward to arriving and enjoying the comforts that they were so accustomed to. However, they also well-remembered the boys and their camping trip that they were going to go on, and they knew they had to be on-guard because the boys would likely try to brag about their great endurance in the outdoors. And the girls couldn't let the boys think that they bested the girls.

"Well, of course. But if you're going to do what I think you're going to do, then you're going to need more than a whole bottle to cover that odor," Audrey pointed out, and Evie furrowed her brow, considering it for a moment, but ultimately just shrugged.

"I'll take my chances. Can I use it?" Evie questioned, and she soon felt the smooth glass of the bottle touching the skin on her arm. Casting a grateful glance back to Audrey, she took it carefully and handed it over to Mal.

"M, could you—"

"Of course, E," Mal replied easily, starting to spray the scent on Evie. Uma coughed hard as she waved the scent away as it began to waft around the entire car. She held her nose tightly as she squinted.

"Aww, heck, that's nasty! That's just as loud as Audrey's mouth!" Uma proclaimed loudly as she tried to keep the spray from getting into her nose. Audrey just glared at the pirate in offense, and Uma paid no attention to her.

Once Mal had emptied quite a bit of the bottle, she handed it back to Audrey.

"What do you think? Is it covered or do I need to spray more?"

"NO!!!" Uma immediately yelled in reply, and Audrey just scoffed in slight irritation. However, Uma did very hesitantly uncover her nose, but swiftly re-covered it.

"Man, that's just... Phew!" Uma shook her head hard, snorting as she tried to rid herself of the stench that was pervading every inch of the car.

"I'd honestly prefer skunk over this!" Uma expressed, and Audrey furrowed her brow angrily, taking offense to the entire ordeal.

"Well, I think it covered the smell," Evie announced, and they all nodded, some of them with an exceedingly greater amount of enthusiasm.

And it was just in time, too, because they were now driving up in front of the castle. To both their happiness and their chagrin, the boys were all gathered outside waiting on them. As soon as they caught sight of Evie's Jeep, they all straightened and started to wave. Even Hades was waiting on them, and he had a fond smile on his face as he watched the Jeep approach.

"Now, remember. We didn't get sprayed by a skunk, contract a poison ivy rash, get a bee sting, or anything else that makes us look less than tough. Right?" Uma questioned, her eyes watering just a bit from the aroma as they were slowing down and starting to park. All of them expressed varying forms of agreement, and Uma nodded resolutely.