Genevieve Labrador Part 4

Summary: Evie and Mal are looking for Mal's spell book that Celia has stolen again when a certain mishap occurs... A hairy mishap that Mal and Evie very unfortunately have to deal with. Bal, Huma, Jaudrey, Jarlos, and Core Four feels with a special emphasis on Evie and Mal's sisterly/best friend relationship.

   "I cannot believe that we're seriously doing this. I am not somebody's pet!" Evie indignantly announced to the two girls as they headed into the pet store, Evie close beside Mal. Uma just groaned loudly, throwing her head back in pure frustration as she listened to Evie's whine for what felt like the thousandth time.

"You're Mal's pet. Now shut up before people start staring!" Uma commanded, and Evie closed her mouth, throwing Uma a nasty look.

"I really hope we don't run into any cops, because I'm pretty sure there's a leash law," Mal nervously expressed, and Evie pressed her nose against Mal's knee gently in an expression of reassurance.

"What? You didn't use that remembering spell on all of the laws of Auradon like you used it on the spells in your very much illegal book?"

Mal just stared at Uma, glaring at the other girl with her eyes narrowed as she resisted the overwhelming urge to growl under her breath.

They entered the pet store, Mal holding the door open for Evie as they went in. The place was sleek and crisp in its modernity, and Mal couldn't help but admire the setup. There were several people around with dogs of all shapes and sizes, all inspecting the varying pet products. There was a grooming area on the nearest corner to the door, and Mal's eyes widened as she spotted an employee shaving a dog.

Apparently, Uma must have spotted the same part of the store as Mal had, and her entire face lit up in an enormous grin as she moved her gaze down to Evie.

"You feel like a little trim today?" Uma suggested nonchalantly, and Evie's eyes were wide and her jaw was dropped in the midst of her pure horror at the very idea of looking anywhere near the way that the poodle not too far from them was looking as the woman shaved the fur around her hips.

"Okay, Uma, I think you've successfully traumatized her," Mal cut in, trying to guide Evie along as she reached down and pulled at Evie's shoulder. Evie finally spurred herself into motion as she absentmindedly walked with them, her gaze still locked upon the poor victim of a dog that was getting clipped.

They approached the boy nearby that was stocking the shelves, his back to them, and Mal cleared her throat, getting his attention. The boy turned to face them and Evie almost found herself drooling at the very sight of him.

It was Leo, the very handsome, very well-muscled son of Hercules, and also known as the boy that could make any girl swoon with just a slight flash of those perfect teeth. Those gorgeous violet eyes and that thick, brown hair made Evie a little weak in the knees despite herself.

"Hi," Mal greeted, completely unfazed by his obvious charms.

"Hey! What brings the Queen to my part of town?" he flirted nonchalantly, and Mal felt Evie leaning hard against her leg in what was almost a faint as her tail wagged ridiculously hard. Uma angled her head toward Mal a bit, her mouth nearby the purple-haired girl's ear.

"I'm beginning to rethink the whole Harry Hook package," Uma mumbled to Mal, unashamedly looking Leo up and down as she regarded him. Mal rolled her eyes, knowing that Uma wasn't serious and was quite possibly the most loyal person in that she would never desert Harry or any of her friends. Mal knew Uma was just enjoying looking at the boy. Even Mal could see that he was incredibly good-looking.

"Well, we are looking for several things. We need a leash and a harness. We also need to talk to an employee here. She's an older lady?" Mal requested, hoping that Leo would have at least a bit of an idea of where things were.