Finding Charlene Part 5

Summary: Evie suffers a horrible accident with her car, and Mal and the others have to handle the consequences. But no one could have expected the horrendous loss than came from that accident.

   "So... You know that old saying about not being able to see the forest for all of the trees? Well, I think we're living that saying right now," Uma proclaimed as she, Audrey, Mal, and Jane wandered through the rows of cars at the Jeep dealership, trying to spot a 2019 Jeep Renegade.

Mal had ended up sleeping over with Evie the previous night, and during that night, she had texted Uma, Audrey, and Jane and told them her idea to fix absolutely everything for Evie and hopefully bring that beautiful smile back to her face. Of course, the other three had eagerly agreed and jumped at the opportunity to cheer Evie up.

Mal had told Evie that she had to meet with Uma and it was super important. Naturally, Evie had asked to come with Mal, and Mal told her that she needed to stay home and rest her head after that concussion. Very unhappily, Evie agreed, and Mal had to practically fight Evie off of her just to get to the door.

So, once she finally got away, the four of them left early that morning, and now they were looking through a ton of cars at the Jeep dealership in an attempt to find a carbon copy of Charlene. They planned to order all of the customizations that Evie had in her vehicle when she crashed it, and after they were through finding a new Charlene body, they'd get Evie's accessories and customizations from the original Charlene in the junkyard. When they were through, they aimed to have the vehicle looking exactly as it had before Evie went on that fateful drive.

"Maybe so, but we've got to find a Jeep Renegade," Mal informed the girls as she scanned the vehicles within her line of sight.

"I swear, this new model looks just like Evie's 2019 one," Audrey acknowledged as she gestured at the vehicle parked nearby. Mal sighed, noting that there were a hardly any differences between this vehicle and Evie's Charlene. However, it was the principle of the thing. She wanted to recreate Charlene with absolutely nothing different about the vehicle.

"And I ain't seeing one of those 2019 models," Uma expressed, and Mal unhappily found that Uma's words were indeed quite true.

"We might have to get her a newer model if they don't have the 2019 one," Mal commented with a furrowed brow. She most certainly didn't want to take anything that was different from Charlene, but she was willing to do what she could.

"Are you absolutely sure we couldn't get her the Wrangler? That thing was hot!" Uma told Mal, and Audrey rolled her eyes as she looked through the vehicles.

"How exactly are cars hot? That's an adjective used to describe people," Audrey replied to the pirate, and Uma just looked at her without even a hint of a smile.

"Or temperature, if you want to get even more technical on me, Princess," Uma shot back, and Audrey made a bit of a sour face. At that, Uma smirked, enjoying the reaction she was getting from the girl.

They walked a little further before Uma suddenly paused, her eyes going wide.

"What in the--- look at this thing!" Uma cried, and she hurried over to an oddly shaped Jeep nearby. Audrey and Jane followed her over, and Mal just paused to look at the others. Uma hummed under her breath as she noted the name on the Jeep.

"A Gladiator," Uma muttered to herself before heading around the rear of the vehicle. Instead of the traditional setup that made a Jeep similar to a car, the Jeep had a bed that made it strongly resemble a truck.

"Dang, this thing looks as funky as your hot pink Honda," Uma insulted Audrey's vehicle, and Audrey narrowed her eyes at Uma.

"My Honda is beautiful! Not funky!"