Roughin' It Part 10

Summary: After Uma boldly and perhaps stupidly proclaims that she could handle camping easily, Mal, Evie, Audrey, Jane, and Uma end up on a camping trip that none of them were prepared for in the least. Friendship feels amongst all three girls, Huma, Jarlos, Jaudrey, Bal, and Hades father/daughter feels with Mal.

   "Hey, guys?" Evie called from her position inside the tent as she poked her head out from inside the door.

While Evie was inside of the tent, the rest of the girls were all sitting outside and enjoying the warm air of the night. And perhaps also putting off the inevitable in that they were attempting to avoid Evie's stink for as long as they possibly could manage. After all, Jane was the only one that seemed unbothered by the smell.

"Have any of you seen my hairbrush?" Evie questioned, and Mal looked back at her with an eyebrow raise, slurping her third soda that night.

"No, I haven't," Mal immediately replied and Uma as well as Audrey shook their heads as well. However, when Mal happened to catch a glimpse of Jane, the fairy didn't seem nearly as confident as the rest of them and she in fact looked quite nervous.

"That's odd. I specifically remember sitting it nearby my sleeping bag," Evie acknowledged, and Jane looked very sheepish at this point.

"Well, Evie, I've got a confession to make," Jane started, her hands folded on her lap as she tried to avoid looking back at Evie just yet.

"Oh, do you know where my hairbrush is?" Evie asked sweetly, tilting her head slightly as she looked at the girl in front of her sitting on the log.

"I know where it's been," Jane trailed off in a mumble before turning to face Evie finally.

"Evie, do you know when you have an itch somewhere on you, and you'd do anything to get rid of it?" Jane questioned, and Evie slowly nodded, taking in this statement.

"Yeah..."

"And you're so desperate that you'd take anything to scratch it with?" Jane asked anxiously, and Evie just stared at her, all hints of a smile faded away in favor of a startlingly neutral expression.

"Where's my brush, Jane?" Evie questioned, and Jane swallowed, fiddling with her hands.

"Well, I might... maybe possibly could have used it to scratch my poison ivy rash," Jane murmured the end of her sentence, and Evie's eyes went ridiculously wide. Audrey recoiled in disgust, and Mal raised both eyebrows. Uma burst into laughter as she realized precisely what had happened.

"JANE! That is hilarious!" Uma cackled joyfully, slapping her knee, and Audrey just gaped a Jane as if she had sprouted three heads.

"I promise I'll get you a new one, Evie! I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me!"

"Oh, wait a minute, y'all! You know how we all figured out that Jane wears thongs?" Uma asked, and Jane looked like she could turn into a puddle of embarrassment. Audrey, however, appeared very much unembarrassed but and significantly disgusted.

"Yeah?" Mal replied, cuing Uma to continue, and Uma grinned wickedly as she uttered her next words.

"Well, I bet she thonged Evie's brush!" Uma was at that point nearly falling off of her log in the midst of her laughter. Mal couldn't help but laugh along with the pirate captain.

"That is so unbelievably disgusting," Audrey expressed with a bit of a shudder as she rubbed her eyes and then ran her fingers through her hair.

"Please tell me that you at least pulled all of Evie's hairs out of it before you used it!" Mal wheezed hard, unable to fully articulate her words in the midst of her laughing. Uma laughed even harder, leaning over on her log as she tried to keep from hitting the ground.