We Are Off to See the Wizard Part 6

Audrey wrung her hands nervously, partially freaking out at the fact that her party started at seven o'clock, it was currently two o'clock, and Hades still hadn't come yet. She had been waiting on him for two freaking hours!

She withdrew her phone, checking for any texts or calls that she might have missed that could hint at that irritating weirdo's whereabouts. Audrey very disappointedly noted that there was absolutely nothing from anyone with the exception of a weather notification that warned of a twenty percent chance of rain and thunderstorms.

Audrey huffed and rolled her eyes, but didn't let it get to her too badly. Of course it would have a chance to rain on the day of her big party. But it was estimated to happen around midnight if it occurred at all and the moon would rise before the possible rain, so it wouldn't interfere with her pumpkin patch plans. She had already ordered the cakes and cupcakes from "Happy's Bakery" since Celia ruined practically everything that she had planned to cook.

"Yo, I heard there was a party that needed saving?" a male voice suddenly spoke, and Audrey nearly jumped out of her skin at the person's closeness. The pink princess turned around, aiming to give him a piece of her mind, but shrank at her realization of precisely how tall the god actually was.

"Yes, I need your help," Audrey told him, mustering all of the bravery within her much smaller frame and straightening her posture as she faced him. He quirked an eyebrow at her but largely ignored her fear.

"Okay. What are we putting up?" Hades asked her.

"I'm going to need you to climb up there and push some tacks in and put up the banner. There's not too much more to be done, but the last-minute décor is one of the most important-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Let me get this straight," Hades interrupted her, his eyes piercing into what felt like her very soul as she fearfully eyed him. "You want me to get up the ladder and do all the work for you? That doesn't sound like helping to me."

"Well, I can't do it! I'm a princess, you know!" Audrey informed him as if it were the most obvious fact in the world and in truth, it most likely should have been.

"Guess what, then, Princess?" Hades slackened his posture a bit as he leaned down to her level. "Looks like you're getting a whole new outlook on life, because I'm not doing this all on my own."

"That's not very gentlemanly of you," Audrey boldly proclaimed in reply and he just huffed in response, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"And it's not very neighborly to expect everybody else to do the work for you," he told her condescendingly and straightened as he brushed past her.

"So, what are we doing?" he asked her, reaching down and flipping a box open with a gloved hand.

"You're putting up the banner that will welcome everyone," Audrey stubbornly persisted, the more determined facet of her personality brightly shining through.

"Okay, okay. Let's establish this one ground rule," Hades turned to face her, a finger held out in her direction.

"I don't take orders from you, and I'm teaching you some life lessons. Because you really need them, Princess."

"That's technically two things," Audrey couldn't help but acknowledge and he narrowed his eyes with a grin.

"Smart. That's cute," Hades reached over and patted her on the head like she was a pouting pet. Audrey growled under her breath with an irritated glare, completely frustrated by this infuriating person. Honestly, why did Mal send him to her in the first place?

He just turned and left her standing there blubbering before grabbing an end of the rope that the banner was strung on.

"Well, are you getting your end?" he asked her, shrugging his shoulders, and Audrey scowled in return, wordlessly taking the other end of the rope.