Baby-Sister-Best-Friend-Person

Summary: Evie knows something's gone awry with Mal when her sister- ahem, best friend- came into their shared room with an air akin to a storm cloud. Can she cheer up her closest friend and make her feel better? A piece of sisterly fluff with Mal and Evie.

   Evie was busy touching up her makeup when the natural disaster occurred. Wide-eyed, she stared at her nail-polish containers as they shook a bit on her desk periodically. She then heard the horrid booming noises down the hall.

She raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow, already beginning to get a good idea of the exact nature of the natural disaster. Evie patiently sat with her hands folded on her lap as the thunderous sounds grew closer.

Suddenly the door was jerked open. Mal huffed, a flurry of fury into the dorm room, and Evie could see her barely resisted urge to slam the door behind her.

Perhaps not a natural disaster in the traditional sense of the word, but Mal's wrath was an absolute disaster when it naturally occurred.

"Bad day?" Evie questioned somewhat hesitantly, watching as the girl passed her angrily. All she received in response was a frustrated growl. Evie kept her stare on the purple-haired girl in her vanity.

Mal flung her mid-thigh length dress off, leaving her in her bra and black leggings, and pulled on the light purple tee that she kept under her pillow. Evie glanced at the fallen dress with minor disdain, feeling a little offended for the dress that she had so impeccably put together for the girl behind her. Mal then passed her own bed and crashed face-down on Evie's, grabbing one of the pillows and screeching as loudly as she could in the muffled insulation of the fluffy cushion.

She continued watching her for a moment, but, in the end, Evie resigned to covering her lips in a fresh coat of red as she waited for her grumpy roommate to cool down.

She couldn't help but wonder what had caused Mal to blow up. She knew the girl had a short fuse sometimes, but something bigger must've happened for the girl to come stomping even in the halls.

Evie rubbed her lips together and then separated them with a satisfying pop. She then moved to her mascara and began adding another layer on top of the one she already had with the wand.

The bluenette hummed softly to herself, the tune familiar yet far away, as she worked nimbly, her expertise enabling her to avoid moving it into the skin around her eyes.

She knew Mal was under a ridiculous amount of pressure and she truly felt for her. It couldn't be easy being expected to become a Lady of the Court and Evie admired how well Mal seemed to be dealing with it on a regular basis. Evie knew that Mal would do wonderfully with the job.

The green-eyed girl had just hit a snag. And Evie would help her out of it. She hoped.

With a final look at her visage reflected in the mirror, Evie peered over her shoulder silently, a concerned expression slipping onto her features as she watched the violet-haired girl resting sadly on Evie's bed. Mal's face was still stuffed in a pillow but Evie could easily know that she was likely wearing her pouty face.

The taller girl sighed and left her place in front of the mirror to join her best friend on the quilts.

Apparently Mal wasn't conscious of Evie's presence, and when she ran her hand down Mal's back in a comforting gesture, the younger girl jerked as if she had been burned.

Evie's hand stopped immediately, and she settled for letting it sit upon the thin material of Mal's t-shirt.

However, Mal was still frighteningly tense. Evie furrowed her brow and her stomach lurched as she noticed the shorter girl was trembling a bit.