A Pirate in Gentleman's Clothing

Summary: Harry is pining over his captain, and is desperate to find a way to get her to feel the same as him. So he visits two of the most unlikely people to help him to get Uma's attention. Harry Hook x Uma or Huma fluff.

"Hey, Cap'n?"

"Hmm?"

"'Ave ye e'er considered slowin' down and I dunno... datin' someone?" Harry questioned, simultaneously trying to avoid his true question and find out a definitive answer to what he had left unasked.

Uma and Harry were currently lounged on the couch, the television playing as they both watched it absently. He was laying down on the couch, and his head was resting nearby her thigh and she had her arm nearest to him propped up on the back of the sofa and her other arm resting on the arm of the couch.

Harry was currently working at the very subtle business of figuring out if Uma had any romantic feelings for him. With every day that they spent together, he could feel his love--- like? He wasn't sure anymore--- growing. Either way, he wanted her to at least feel a fraction of what he experienced.

It had been weeks since he had reunited with his captain, and he had felt a definitive difference in how they interacted. She had instigated infinitely more contact with him, and he couldn't help but wonder if she had felt the shift as well. She was too comfortable with him to not have.

Of course, his captain was confusing. There were no definite answers with her, and he could never be certain of anything where she was concerned.

At his question, Uma furrowed her brow, looking down into his light green-blue eyes as she considered the inquiry.

"Not really," Uma told him. Harry nodded, relieved that there was no other guy on her mind but also disappointed that she didn't seem to be interested in him in that way at all.

"What? You considering settling down or something?" Uma questioned suspiciously, raising an eyebrow as she turned the question against him. Harry raised his eyebrows before offering her a smirk.

"Me? Nah, 'course not. What'd give ye that idea?" Harry asked, and Uma shrugged, grinning at the boy as she raised an eyebrow in interest.

"Nothing. Just a strange thing to ask somebody out of the blue," Uma told him nonchalantly, and Harry resisted the urge to huff out of his nose.

Uma let her arm slide down the couch and thread into his hair, ruffling it a little as she playfully teased him. Harry internally felt his heart swell at the contact, and he couldn't help the satisfied grin that stayed on his face as she allowed her hand to rest there unmoving.

"Y'know, you're a great first mate," Uma complimented, and his grin dwindled slightly as he was brought back to the low of the friendzone. He tried to muster a slight smile, but all he could feel was immense disappointment.

"A first mate's only as good as his cap'n," Harry returned, and Uma's lips curled in a grin as he looked up at her. She returned to watching the television quietly, and Harry felt his heart fall to his feet as she continued just as they had been before.

He was in the friendzone, and he positively ached for her to see him at least somewhat how he saw her.

.....................................................................................................................

"So, what's it like to be in love with someone?" Harry questioned as he found himself alone in a room with Ben one day, gathering paperwork that Uma had asked for in her new position as the Captain of the Guard.