A2 C37 - Infernal Affairs

Chu Xinian is in his early twenties, and his temperament as a young man has been always determined. It is also common for Chu Xinian to cheat and refuse to admit his debts. Seeing this, Mrs. Mei was not surprised.

Chu Xinian said solemnly: "Mother must have heard it wrong."

Lady Mei thought 'she heard it wrong? What did you hear wrong?' She was so angry that her hands were shaking. It was clear that it was Chu Xinian who made a fuss, crying and shouting that he didn't want to marry a disfigured ugly monster, and she was not deaf!

The middle door of the Buddhist hall was open, and although the servants outside did not dare to watch the excitement blatantly, their ears were all pricked up.

"It's just skin. Even if you are in the prime of your life, you will be overwhelmed by the country, and you will have gray hair and dry bones when you grow old. If everyone in the world asks for marriage because of their looks, they will only have a sad life in the end."

Chu Xinian said, looking at Lady Mei: " I heard that when mother was still a young girl in the past, she was one of the most beautiful women in Great Yan. There were countless young men from famous families asking for marriage. Now that her youth is gone, my father still loves her as much as before, and he never took a concubine to raise a child. This son thinks this is the way of husband and wife "

Lady Mei was stunned by what he said, speechless.

As Chu Xinian said, when she was young, Mei's young lady was stunningly beautiful and came from a scholarly family. Ten thousand people in Great Yan wanted to marry her. Who would have thought that she would pick and marry Qu Yanghou, who was still an average boy at the time. The world would only feel that the pearl was dusted.

However, for so many years, although Qu Yanghou has made no achievements in the court, he loves Mei very much.

It's a pity that people in the world are ignorant and bewitched by gold and jade, so they can't see through the filth and dust inside.

Lady Mei couldn't quite believe that these words came from her ignorant son, and her eyes were a little surprised. Even Chu Jiaoping on the side looked stunned and frowned: "Second brother, you have to think about it, the royal family is different from ordinary people's families, and if there is a slight mistake, it will be a serious crime that could lose your head."

Because it is the protagonist of his own pen, Chu Xinian couldn't help but look at him twice: "Brother, don't worry. Although I am stubborn, I know how to measure it. After I get married, I will definitely take care of myself and stop messing around."

Chu Jiaoping looked directly at him, and said in a low voice, "Do you know that Xie Jingyuan is cruel by nature?"

"Yes," Chu Xinian didn't seem to care, he met Chu Jiaoping's gaze with a frank expression, "But no matter how cruel, they should also know good and bad, people's hearts are not made of stone, I will treat him with sincerity in the future, I believe he will not hurt me."

After all, he is a pen holder, able to speak eloquently, and with a few words, he can shake Lady Mei's thoughts just now.

Chu Jiaoping wanted to say more, but Mei raised her hand to stop him: "That's all."

Lady Mei looked at Chu Xinian with complicated eyes, feeling that this ineffective young son had finally grown a lot after being beaten up: "I originally also don't agree with your elder brother's idea, it is really inappropriate to spread the word, since you have said so, take a good rest today...I will personally send you back tomorrow."

Chu Xinian is the second son, and the title of the Quyang Houfu will not fall to him. He naturally does not have the qualifications to be part of the government. Although he is married to Xie Jingyuan, he doesn't even have a decent mansion, and he has to live in the other's general's mansion, which looks like an upside-down door.