A2 C64 - Like

Chu Xinian is a person full of tricks and schemes, no matter what he does, he likes to think about things over and over again until its utmost certainty. Xie Jingyuan's blunt words made him freeze on the spot, his pupils shrank slightly, and he didn't know how to answer.

"..."

None of them spoke. Insects buzz imperceptibly under the silent night, with the illumination of moonlight quietly shining through the wooden window, sprinkling the floor with a clear glow.

The silver mask landed on the brocade quilt, Xie Jingyuan reached out and grabbed it without a trace, the sharp edge left a red mark on his palm, revealing his unconscious anxiety.

He stared at Chu Xinian closely, breathing heavily while speaking, and asked in a low voice word by word in a voice that only the two of them could hear: "Chu Xinian, do you dare..."

Chu Xinian did not move.

At this time, a little regret suddenly rose in his heart, maybe he shouldn't rush over to check on Xie Jingyuan's situation, and now he is in a dilemma, unable to get up or down.

What the system once said echoed in my ears again--

Don't have feelings for the mission target.

As time passed by, Chu Xinian didn't make any moves. He never left, but he never followed Xie Jingyuan's words, as if he was caught in some kind of battle of unknown forces.

Xie Jingyuan grabbed his wrist, but his voice was a little lower this time, and he lowered his eyes and said, "Chu Xinian..?"

Still torn from hesitation, he didn't dare to look at Xie Jingyuan, instead, gently pulled the other's cold hand, turned, and walked out of the inner room. The white robe brushed lightly on the carpet, making a soft sound.

"Chu Xinian—!"

Xie Jingyuan called out his name suddenly and coldly, his chest heaved unsteadily, and there was a hint of coldness and dread when one listened carefully.

Chu Xinian unconsciously stopped in his tracks, but he still couldn't help looking back at him. However, most of Xie Jingyuan's figure was hidden in the darkness, and his outline was indistinct.

Chu Xinian thought he would say something, but Xie Jingyuan didn't make any movement, his head was lowered, unable to see his expression clearly. After a long while, there was only a mocking chuckle on his lips, which was especially obvious in the silent night.

He seemed to be laughing at others, and at the same time, he seemed to be laughing at himself, the mask in his hand was almost distorted.

"...It's okay, go to sleep."

After a while, Xie Jingyuan uttered such a sentence, and the hazy night concealed his mocking expression. He raised his hand to remove the bed curtain, covered everything tightly, and lay back on the bed with only a little bit of warmth, covering his scarred side face, closing his eyes and not making a sound.

Seeing this, Chu Xinian couldn't explain why but suddenly felt pain like a blunt knife cutting his flesh. He slowly walked back to the couch in the outer room, looking a bit lost.

Xie Jingyuan likes him...

After several days of confusion, Chu Xinian finally came up with this answer. It would be a lie to say that he was not surprised, but he didn't seem to be too surprised. He sat on the side of the couch, unconsciously touched the jade pendant around his neck, and began to think about his feelings for Xie Jingyuan, but this kind of thing was obviously not his specialty.