A2 C61 - The Thief

There is a saying: In the face of absolute strength, all conspiracies are futile.

Chu Xinian is good at knowing people's hearts and is used to competing with enemies in the dark, with low eyebrows and a slight smile, calculating people imperceptibly. A head-on encounter is a way he would never choose.

But Xie Jingyuan's sudden kiss just now was like an enemy with a strong force, he came up and killed him with one blow, Chu Xinian was full of tricks before he had time to say it, and he died before he knew it.

Chu Xinian didn't understand why Xie Jingyuan was like this, his mind was blank, and he sat motionless by the bed in that position and didn't react for a long time until Yun Que couldn't help but came in and called him, that's where he only came back to his senses.

"My lord," Yun Que walked into the room, but suddenly knelt in front of him, and said in a low voice with a pale face, "Your servant made a mistake today, please punish me, my Lord."

Chu Xinian probably guessed what she was referring to. He slowly picked up the clothes at his feet, then dusted off the dirt on them, and finally returned to his sense of running away from home, with his usual voice: "What happened this morning, tell me everything you saw."

Yun Que was also scared today when she arrived, she took a sneak peek at him, and then told the story with a guilty expression: "...This servant didn't do it on purpose, but because she was worried about the Young Master, she accidentally offended the General, and she never intended to implicate Jiu Yong..."

Chu Xinian thought she had overheard some secret, but it turned out to be this. When Yun Que vaguely said that Xie Jingyuan seemed to be kissing him, Xinian stopped her and said without emotion: "This matter must not be repeated in the future. I know that you used to serve in front of my mother, and you have my full trust, but the General's Mansion is different from Quyang Hou's Mansion, the rules are extremely strict, and your life is in danger at every turn."

This time Xie Jingyuan considered Chu Xinian's face and did not directly attack. If it's the other person, I'm afraid that Yun Que's life will be in danger.

Yun Que choked up and kowtowed: "This servant knows her wrong, please punish me."

Chu Xinian saw that she was sincerely repentant, but he didn't punish her severely: "In this case, I will fine you three months of silver. You need to be careful in the future. There is no need to do any unnecessary things."

Yun Que's eyes were a little red: "My lord, that Jiu Yong..."

Chu Xinian knew what she was thinking: "He has followed Xie Jingyuan for many years, so naturally there is no danger to his life. He'll receive the punishment for his misconduct, so you don't have to worry about it."

Yun Que always felt that what the Young Master said was right, there was no mistake, so after hearing the words, she had no choice but to suppress her worries and get up to wait for Chu Xinian to get dressed. When she found a piece of jade that she had never seen before on his neck, she didn't dare to ask any more questions and lowered her head to fasten the belt for him.

Chu Xinian was silent for a moment, and suddenly asked: "Where is the General?"

Yun Que shook her head when she heard the words: "I don't know, I didn't see anyone after I left the house this morning. Is there something you need to do with the General?"

He thoughtfully touched his face, but said: "It's nothing."

He straightened his clothes and went directly to the room where the female thief was held. Through the window, He saw that the other party was sitting on the edge of the bed, eating chicken legs, and the table was full of leftovers, which seemed a bit dubious to leave.