A6 C177 - Encounter Between Enemies

Rong Xuan and Ji Fan tied the beggar to the woodshed. It is now late at night, everyone else is asleep, and only the woodshed is the most remote, so even if there is any noise, it will not be heard.

Rong Xuan was curious about the origin of this beggar. He knelt down and stared at the man tied into a rice dumpling on the ground for a moment, then frowned and asked, "What do you mean when you gave me the items in your bag that day?"

The beggar refused to be captured at first and was still struggling. Finally, he was exhausted and finally lay on the ground motionless. Messy hair fell over his face, and his true face could not be seen clearly. Only his eyes were cold and chilly. Hearing this, he stared at Rong Xuan and asked in a hoarse voice: "Where is the letter?"

He only said four words, as if he was very concerned about the whereabouts of the letter. Seeing that Rong Xuan didn't answer, he asked again with force in his words: "Where is the letter?"

Ji Fan held Rong Xuan's shoulder, stared at the beggar and said: "Since you care so much about Zhen Yuanzhong's last letter, you should explain the reasons. Otherwise, the letter will not play the role it should have. Go If it doesn’t go where it should go, it is no different than a waste paper.”

The beggar raised his head with difficulty to look at Ji Fan, only to see that the other person's features were in the shadows, and a cinnabar mole stood out on his forehead. He was clearly a noble ger: "Who are you?"

Ji Fan smiled when he heard this. Different from Rong Xuan's cunning, he was born with a clean and kind appearance under the moonlight: "It doesn't matter who I am, the important thing is that I can do what you want but can't do... "

He held the real letter between his slender fingertips and shook it gently in front of the beggar's eyes: "Zhen Yuanzhong died of poisoning. When the Marquis of Dong sent people to kill him, he mistakenly released a servant. You are the one who slipped through the net, right?"

Ji Fan obviously knew too much. The beggar was caught with his words, and he couldn't deny it even if he wanted to. Hearing this, his face turned pale and rigid, his whole body tensed up, and he couldn't speak for a long time. Finally, he closed his eyes in vain and spat out two words: "It's me——"

He squeezed out a few words through his teeth: "I am Lord Zhen's personal guard, Zhen He. Young Master Rong, it has been several months since you visited Jingzhou in a hurry. I'm afraid you don't remember who I am."

Of course Rong Xuan doesn't remember. Although he inherited the memory of the original owner, many things are still vague. He didn't even recognize his biological father at the beginning, so how could he remember a stranger he had only met once: "It's been a long time, I indeed don’t remember. I didn’t expect that within a few months, when we met again, things would have changed so much.”

This sentence touched Zhen He's heart and lungs. His eyes turned red with tears. He seemed to be crying and laughing: "Yes, everything has changed... The ten people who took care of me in Jingzhou back then… All six officials were killed, and even Master Zhen’s family members were not spared. They were all silenced on the way back to their hometown for Master Zhen's burial. Only me...only me..."

Veins popped up on his forehead, and tears fell to the ground, showing that he was in great pain.

Rong Xuan keenly heard that even Zhen Yuanzhong's family members were not spared. He looked at Ji Fan without leaving a trace and asked aloud: "But I heard that after Lord Zhen died suddenly, his family moved away. How could everyone be silenced when they returned to their hometown in the capital?"

"it is true!"

Zhen He lowered his head in pain and dug his fingertips into the flesh of his palms: "After Master Zhen arrived in Jingzhou, he opened the seal and checked the silver coins. He found that only a few boxes of silver coins were genuine, and the remaining boxes were full of mud and sand. He noticed something was wrong. He suspected that a fellow official was a mole, so he wrote a letter overnight and asked me to secretly send the letter to the capital. Unexpectedly, I was intercepted by assassins on the way, and I had to fight to death to escape."