A6 C186 - Such a Big Wolf!

Rong Xuan met Zhao Su's gaze and inexplicably understood the thoughts deep within her heart. His hand on the table unconsciously tightened, and he hinted, "Your Highness, it seems you have no bargaining chips left, and there doesn't appear to be any room for negotiation?"

Zhao Su stared at him but said something surprising, "Young Master, you're mistaken. The one who has no choice now is not me, but Ji Fan."

Rong Xuan's pupils contracted upon hearing this, but the clear voice of Zhao Su continued in his ears, "The Yan envoys only brought five hundred men to the capital this time. They might have some reinforcements, but with the interference of the Third Prince, Yue Yuanting won't be able to summon many more troops. Even if we add Ji Fan's three thousand iron riders, at best, it's no more than ten thousand. Do you know how many soldiers and horses are stationed around the capital?"

With tea-stained fingertips, Zhao Su sketched a simple military deployment diagram on the table. "In the Imperial Guards, there are 1,500 elite soldiers, all ranked above fourth grade. The four palace gates, guarded by twelve gate commanders, have a total of 6,000 soldiers. The City Garrison, stationed within the city, has 7,000 soldiers, totaling 15,000."

"The Pòjūn Camp and the Hǔ Bào Camp are stationed outside the city with a total of 20,000 soldiers. When Dong Linhou falls, there is no one to take over his military authority, so the Emperor has already summoned the General of the Zhou to lead 8,000 soldiers back to the capital. In addition, nearby counties have defence forces. If they hurry here at full speed, it will take just two hours. Do you know how many soldiers that adds up to?"

Zhao Su's voice suddenly grew serious, resonating clearly in the hall, "A total of over fifty thousand people, Rong Xuan, over fifty thousand people, among them, there are even swordmasters who can take on a hundred opponents. If Ji Fan wants to leave the Zhou Kingdom, it's as difficult as ascending to the heavens. He might escape from the capital with his troops, but he'll never make it into Yan territory."

She was speaking the truth.

Because in the original story, Ji Fan was caught and killed just outside the capital by General Xuanyuan Qing.

Rong Xuan couldn't refute this information and had an uneasy expression. He remained silent for a long time. Zhao Su didn't want to make things difficult for him, but this was not a matter of personal grievances. It was about the gains and losses of two nations. She turned her head to look at the moon outside and seemed lost in thought, "If I help Ji Fan return to Yan, and he breaks his promise, not only will I have created a powerful enemy for the Great Zhou but I will also become a traitor. Perhaps you should find another way for me to repay this favor. Please don't put me in a difficult position."

Rong Xuan asked, "So, Your Highness, do you plan to continue waiting for His Majesty to depose you as the heir?"

Zhao Su was struck by the point, but she remained composed, "Young Master, how do you know I'm not taking any action? In any case, General Xuanyuan still holds military power, and my bargaining chips are greater than Ji Fan's. Even if the situation worsens, at worst, I'll be put under house arrest and dethroned."

She had a trump card to play, and there was still room for maneuver. Ji Fan, on the other hand, couldn't wait. Once the Yan Emperor passed away, he would miss the best opportunity to succeed.

Rong Xuan felt a dry throat but asked, "What do you want to use as collateral?"

Zhao Su slowly sat upright after hearing the words. Because she had knelt in front of the Queen's spirit for too long, her face always had a sickly look that had lost all the colors: "Ji Fan is deep in the city and has a cold heart. Although he has a gentle appearance, he also has hidden secrets. He has been in the Zhou Kingdom for seven years, but this prince has never seen through what he cares about. Young Master, tell me, what does such a person care about, and what can he care about?"