A7 C197 - Sitting on His Lap

In short, including Jiang Weimian, the testimonies of the five individuals were all over the place, and none of them matched.

Officer Ye frowned while reviewing the statements. He asked, "What about the personal information of the other four individuals? Have you found it?"

The female officer hesitated and shook her head, "Except for someone named Shen Zuixing who forgot his ID, the other three provided their ID numbers and hometowns, but we couldn't find any results in the database. Could they be undocumented residents?"

Officer Ye raised an eyebrow, "So many undocumented residents? Do you believe that?"

The female officer thought to herself that coincidences happen, and it wasn't impossible to encounter five undocumented residents. However, considering Officer Ye's strict demeanor, she didn't dare say anything.

Officer Ye handed the written statements to the female officer and remembered the female corpse found in the back alley. He asked, "Has the autopsy report on the body been completed?"

The female officer shook her head and whispered, "We're still collecting evidence. However, based on the modus operandi, it's highly likely to be related to the serial killings from a few months ago. The victims are all female students under twenty, killed by a blade, with signs of sexual assault but no traces of seminal fluid. There are no surveillance cameras in the crime scenes. We're trying to retrieve footage from nearby areas. The mother of the victim passed out upon hearing the news, and we haven't been able to take her statement yet."

Out of the blue, Officer Ye said, "During your investigation, focus on a woman in the red dress. These five individuals are likely connected to the serial killings. Continue the interrogation."

The female officer hesitated, "Are you suggesting, Captain, that these five people might be the perpetrators?"

Officer Ye looked at Jiang Weimian inside the room through the window and frowned, "Not necessarily the perpetrators, but they are definitely connected. We need to find out more."

With only three minutes left until the game ended, Jiang Weimian sat alone in the interrogation room, taking a rare moment of quiet. He closed his eyes and reflected on the storyline, particularly on Shen Zuixing and the others.

What kind of game had he written?

And why did He Man and the others become the villain?

After two rounds of interaction in the game, Jiang Weimian had gained some insight into their characters. Aside from that bald Wang Dabiao, who didn't seem like a good person, the other three appeared to be ordinary individuals with a sense of morality and responsibility.

So, why had they become villains?

Was this a deadly game? Did they all commit acts of violence and wrongdoing to progress to the next level?

Jiang Weimian's mind raced with various possibilities, but as he grew more and more sleepy, he couldn't keep his eyes open. Just as he was about to drift off to sleep, a cold game notification sound rang in his ears:

[Game time is up. We apologize, but you failed the beginner level within the specified time—]

[Do you want to restart? Countdown: 3 seconds]

[3]

[2]

Without a doubt, no one liked being in a police interrogation room. Jiang Weimian didn't wait for the countdown to finish; he immediately pressed the restart button. A bright light flashed, and he lost consciousness. When he woke up again, he found himself back in front of the small convenience store.