A2 C40 - General's Sickness

Chu Xinian managed to live in Xie Jingyuan's courtyard just like that.

He ignored the surprised look of the servant, the worry of Yun Que, and the various glints in the eyes of others. Holding Xie Jingyuan's cold hand, he smiled warmly and seductively, said in a low voice, "I will definitely take good care of the general."

Xie Jingyuan narrowed his long and narrow eyes, with a sneer that only he knew, and the meaning was unclear: "Really?"

Chu Xinian: "Naturally it is true."

Xie Jingyuan didn't say a word, but chuckled inwardly, he only hoped that the other party wouldn't suddenly change his words at night due to fright. 

The layout of houses of princes and nobles is similar, some are extravagant and some are a bit simple.

But Xie Jingyuan has a title, no matter how simple he is, he can't go anywhere. Flower and bird fragrance tripods, tuanhua carpets, antique collections, calligraphy and paintings by famous artists, there are many of them. The only difference is probably that there is the Luoyuan Sword on the shelf in his study.

When Chu Xinian saw the cold long iron with icy breath, these words suddenly appeared in his mind.

Dayan established the country with force, and the court is closely related to the martial arts world. There is a list of all martial artists called Qianqiu, which gathers the world's masters and saints, and it is replaced every ten years. Those who entered this list are all rare masters in the world. Fame has been passed down for several years, and it will never die.

Back then, Xie Jingyuan held the Luoyuan sword and killed dozens of masters in the Northern Territory in the Battle of Cangling. Among them was Wanku Guishou, who ranked sixth on the Qianqiu list. His skill is evident.

He had this feat when he was young, making his peers look plain and crapped.

Chu Xinian is like an archaeologist now, wanting to study everything he sees. He turned a blind eye to the official documents and secret letters on the table, and was fascinated by the sheathed sword.

"What are you looking at?"

Xie Jingyuan's strange and cold voice suddenly sounded behind him, and a timid person might be frightened to have a heart attack.

Chu Xinian took his time, turned around and smiled at Xie Jingyuan who was recuperating on the bed: "Although this sword is sheathed, General, it is unstoppable for bloodshed. It can be placed in the inner hall to suppress evil spirits." 

This is unavoidable. Remember the rumors, it is said that Xie Jingyuan was seriously ill and coughed up blood because of his heavy murder and tens of thousands of dead souls.

"There are thousands of evil spirits, how can a sword be able to suppress them?" Xie Jingyuan seemed to be dozing off, but in fact his eyes were as sharp as an eagle's, and he had been secretly watching Chu Xinian's every move.

Regardless of whether the other party is a secret agent or not, just the three words "Quyang Hou's Mansion" make it difficult for him to separate the animosity.

"Indeed, the general is right."

Chu Xinian was already sure that the secret letter memorial in this room was of no value. The books on the carved shelf are brand new, and the ink marks on the covers of the letters piled up on the table are old, from last year. The drawer was not locked, so naturally it couldn't contain anything important.

The only valuable thing is the Luoyuan sword.

Chu Xinian simply gave up the idea of ​​obtaining any information from this room, and didn't take a second look.