A2 C57 - A Banquet of Nobles and Scholars (3)

This plot didn't appear in the original book, but Chu Xinian didn't panic too much. After all, the dead person had nothing to do with him, and Xie Jingyuan was sitting beside him.

But for today's group of scholars, I'm afraid it's easy for them to get in, but difficult to get out.

The Prince was very smart and stood directly with Xie Jingyuan. After all, everyone present here is scholars and nobles with the power to bind chickens, so if it happened, it would be safer to be around Xie Jingyuan.

The Prince reminded him: "Xie Jingyuan, don't forget to escort me."

Xie Jingyuan's eyes were serious. He was so busy talking to Chu Xinian just now that he didn't even find out when a person died, which is a shame. But after thinking about it, it's not bad to see the excitement.

He grabbed Chu Xinian's wrist under the table, curled his lips, and said with a sneer: "Don't walk around, if you are stabbed through like that Mr. Jin, I won't collect your body for you."

The Prince thought Xie Jingyuan was talking to him, and nodded earnestly in the back: "Don't worry, Gu will not wander around."

"..."

Xie Jingyuan's face went sour.

Chu Xinian couldn't help laughing out loud, but then felt that it was inappropriate, coughed lightly to suppress the smile on his lips, and said in a low voice, "Don't worry, General, I will never leave you."

He held Xie Jingyuan's hand instead and patted it twice.

Now the scene has turned into a mess, the Prince of Guangping is full of the painting that he loves for all his life, he beats his chest and feet, and doesn't even care about the dead. At the critical juncture, the white-haired Yan Qinghe came out to stabilize the situation and said in a serious voice: "Everyone, don't panic, wait for the people from the palace to come over first. If anyone rashly leaves the Golden Scale Pavilion, wouldn't it help the murderer to escape and lead to misunderstanding?"--

..."All will wait here, and no one should act rashly."

Immediately, someone echoed: "Master Yan is right, no one should touch Mr. Jin's body, and wait for the yamen to inspect it."

The prince of Guangping finally came back to his senses after hearing the words, and forced himself to control the scene: "Send the order, let the guards come quickly and protect outside the Dragon Scale Pavilion, no one is allowed to leave the mansion!"

Chu Xinian glanced at the Prince: "Your Highness, why don't you leave first?"

The Prince's status is unusual and distinguished. No one here would suspect him of killing, and he had no motive to kill, even if he left early, no one would say anything.

The Prince wanted to watch the excitement, but it was easy to show it: "Why?"

Chu Xinian looked at the people with different expressions in the scene, shook the cup in his hand slightly, and pointed out: "Because the murderer is still here, he hasn't left yet..."

The Golden Scale Pavilion is surrounded by water, and there is only one road leading to the shore, and it is heavily guarded. And the time between Mr. Jin's death and his discovery was no more than half a minute, the murderer hadn't escaped yet, and he was hiding in the crowd right now.

It doesn't matter if other people die, the death of the Crown Prince will cause shock in the monarchy and the public. So the most important thing now is to protect the Prince's safety and send him away from the Guangping Manor as soon as possible, instead of looking for the murderer.