A2 C79 - Brother Knows

Chu Xinian was keenly aware of the eyes on his side. Looking along, he saw the Prince staring at him. He lightly raised his eyebrows, smiled at the Prince, then slowly withdrew his hand and stuffed it into his sleeve.

Seeing that he still dared to smile at him, the Prince looked surprised and uncertain, thinking that this little boy was quite arrogant. He glanced at Xie Lanting unobtrusively, and asked in a low voice, "You are having an affair behind Chu Xinian's back? Are you raising a boy toy? Does he know?"

Xie Lanting frowned when he heard this, and realized that the Prince obviously misunderstood something. He glanced lightly at Chu Xinian beside him, and then snorted with a half-smile: "None of your business."

The Crown Prince seemed to have grasped something, and he spoke with determination: "Xie Jingyuan, how could you do this? There's still a chance, go and tell Chu Xinian now."

Xie Lanting pursed his lips and said deliberately: "So what if he knows, this General will raise as many as he wants, does he dare to say no?"

Chu Xinian paused when he heard this, and the curvature of his lips stiffened.

The Prince didn't expect Xie Lanting to have such a hobby, his eyes widened with a gasp: "I thought you were a dedicated and affectionate person! I didn't expect you to have these dubious hobbies. Well, be careful, Chu Xinian has a dark heart. You must fix your problem, he'll make a plan to get rid of that attendant."

"Ok."

Chu Xinian didn't know for a moment whether the Prince was scolding him or praising him. He flicked his fingertips lightly, not knowing what to do with Xie Lanting's behavior of "uttering outrageous words", so he chuckled after a long while.

Forget it, let's go back home later and clean them up.

After a few moments of waiting, Emperor Yan summoned them into the hall. Chu Xinian couldn't get in, so he reminded Xie Lanting in a low voice: "No matter what the emperor says later, you just follow suit."

If there is no accident, Emperor Yan should order the Crown Prince to supervise the country, but he is afraid that he'll target Xie Lanting and wants to take the opportunity to make him surrender his military power.

Xie Lanting nodded, got up and entered the palace with the Prince. The heavy door closed slowly, isolating the scene inside.

Chu Xinian pretended to be an attendant and waited outside, flicking his fingertips unconsciously, he began to figure out the layout of the whole matter.

Emperor Yan is seriously ill now, and his time is running out. Before he dies, he should follow the rules set by his ancestors and pass the throne to the crown prince.

The power of Prince Chang and Prince Ping is weak and negligible.

The only tricky thing is Prince Jin, who is the only one among the princes who has military connections. Although the casting of the spell to exorcise evil spirits has largely destroyed the possibility of his succession, as long as he still has troops in his hands, he still has the power to counterattack.

The troops guarding Gyeonggi are divided into three battalions. Wude Camp and Pingxiang Camp are under Xie Lanting's hand. At that time, even if Emperor Yan orders him to hand over the military talisman, it will not matter. These two camps are still under his control.

Xuanhu Battalion has the largest number of troops, led by General Chang Zongping. He has a daughter who married into Prince Jin's mansion a few days ago, and is now the side concubine of Prince Jin. Whether overtly or secretly, the Chang family has long been a firm member of Prince Jin's faction.