A2 C39 - Breaking Into the Interior

It is now the 21st year of Qisheng. If possible, Chu Xinian would like to call it Xie Jingyuan's first desperate year in his life.

During this year, with the help of the protagonist Chu Jiaoping, the Prince Jin began to gradually show his prominence in the court, and his biological mother, Concubine Mei, was also the favorite of the Sixth Palace.

On the contrary, there is a party of princes, and the people under his command have been demoted and reprimanded one after another. Xie Jingyuan, who is the only one with real power, is also sick because of this sudden serious illness, and it is difficult to lead troops.

If the following plot is not changed, in a few months, Prince Jin will be rewarded for his successive achievements in suppressing the rebels in Shuofang. The Emperor, Longyan Dayue, took back Xie Jingyuan's military power on the grounds of his illness, and handed it over to Prince Jin for temporary management.

What is the difference between a general without military power and a poisonous snake with its fangs pulled out?

It can only be rubbed by others.

Sitting at the bottom, Chu Xinian raised his eyes to look at the sickly man opposite him, his gaze stayed on his purple lips for a moment, he didn't know what was going on in his heart, and he didn't even listen carefully to what Lady Mei said.

"It's really wrong to say that Xi'er has nothing to say, he has always been frivolous outside, and he didn't even know when he offended anyone. On the night of his wedding, he was taken out of the city by a group of thieves..." 

"Fortunately, the guards in the house searched everywhere. Finally rescue the Young Master. If he disturbs the marriage, please don't take offense, the general..."

Lady Mei is the elder, sitting at the head. She has already made up a set of arguments, although anyone with a discerning eye knows that these words are a bit false-

it's not really that the bandits went down the mountain to snatch the general's future husband and just took Chu Xinian into captivity. He only knows about eating, drinking, whoring and gambling.

Xie Jingyuan didn't say a word from the beginning to the end. He lowered his brows and eyes, unable to see his expression clearly, and the silver mask on his face was cold in color. He coughed twice and said, "Of course not..."

His voice was hoarse and weak, making people think he was a sick child who was easy to bully, and he said a few words. So he gently exposed such shame and humiliation, and let the past go.

Chu Xinian noticed that when Xie Jingyuan said this, there was a strange arc on his lips, which disappeared in a flash.

There are no idiots in the women of a wealthy family, so Lady Mei will not underestimate Xie Jingyuan. A toothless tiger is also a tiger, and he cannot be easily provoked. Now she just wants to go to the palace to discuss a solution with Concubine Mei.

Whether it's retiring the engagement or something else, in short, it is necessary to find a way to get Chu Xinian out of this tiger den.

Thinking of this, Mei couldn't sit still anymore, she got up from her seat, exchanged a few hasty greetings with Xie Jingyuan, then said goodbye and left. Before leaving, he gave Chu Xinian a look, signaling him not to act rashly.

Dear son, mother will find a way to save you right now, but don't make trouble.

After reading the underlying message in her eyes, Chu Xinian paused for a moment with the hand holding the teacup, not knowing what to say. He could only stand up from his seat and watch Lady Mei leave.

As soon as Lady Mei left, the hall suddenly seemed empty. In addition to the servants in the room, there are also the two masters, Chu Xinian and Xie Jingyuan.