A6 C170 - Planting Trees

There is a stament from the Zhou Law: Those who desecrate graves will be punished heavily. Acts such as digging a graveyard, intentional robbery, body snatching, and vandalism are considered forms of grave desecration.

In other words, digging graves' is the same crime as 'heinous disobedience, intentional murder, arson and betraying one's country', and once convicted, the punishment will be the death penalty of beheading. Even if there is an amnesty from all over the world, it is the same as corruption and bribery. If there is no amnesty, there is no possibility of getting rid of the crime.

If Rong Xuan wanted to exonerate Nalan Chun, the word 'digging the grave' must never be admitted. When he blurted out that Nalan Chun went up the mountain in the middle of the night to plant trees, the commander, soldiers and even the horses was so shocked that they almost fell off, their face full of anger after hearing his bullshit: "Planting trees? Damn! Who carried a hoe in the middle of the night??? Hoe up the mountain to plant trees?!"

Sitting in the carriage, Ji Fan was also taken aback for a moment by Rong Xuan's sophistry. He frowned, rubbing his fingertips unconsciously, thinking that Rong Xuan was still too naive, how could Wucheng Military Troops be so easy to fool. Just relying on the word 'planting trees' is by no means enough to help Nalan Chun get rid of the crime.

Hearing this, Nalan Chun was finally clever for a time, reacted immediately and said proudly: "Yes, that's right, this prince came to plant trees on the mountain, why did you arrest me, what Zhou Law did I violate?!"

Rong Xuan thought for a moment, and said deliberately: "Your Highness, I am familiar with the Law of Zhou, there is no prohibition to plant trees in the mountains, at most the curfew is the only one that is possibly violated. However, Your Highness is currently inside the Imperial City, this crime is naturally void."

The Wucheng's commander's face was livid, and he pointed behind them with trembling fingers and said, "Do you know that the place where the tree is planted is the grave of the Dong Clan's Liu family's ancestors?!"

When Rong Xuan heard this, he subconsciously glanced to the side, and as expected, he saw a tombstone next to it, and he didn't know which ancestor of the Liu family it was. His expression remained unchanged, he habitually tapped the palm of his hand with a fan, frowned and blamed: "Your Highness, you can freely plant trees, but why did you accidentally plant it on the Liu family's ancestral grave?"

An understatement that can make people vomit three liters of blood.

Nalan Chun blinked when he heard the words, and asked nervously in a low voice, "Master, have I broken the law?"

Rong Xuan raised his eyebrows lightly: "Of course not. Digging a grave is breaking the law. You didn't dig a grave, so no law violated. You just wanted to plant a tree, but it was planted on the grave of Liu's family by mistake. How can it be considered a crime?"

Nalan Chun was successfully brainwashed by him, suddenly realized, and nodded again and again. It seemed that he was really carrying a hoe up the mountain in the middle of the night, really just to plant trees, not to dig the ancestral grave of that stupid son of Dong Linhou, and said to himself: "Oh yes, yes, this prince just accidentally planted the tree in the wrong place, why? Could it be considered a crime?"

Rong Xuan bent down to pick up the hoe on the ground, and while his sleeve was covering it, he pulled up an unknown weed from the ground without a trace. He threw these two 'evidences' into the arms of the guards, then patted the ashes on his hands, pointed to a shallow pit next to him and said to the guards: "Your Excellency, you can see clearly, this pit is very shallow. No coffin was seen."