A2 C68 - The Fish Takes The Bait

The real masters are all hidden.

Chu Xinian sat quietly at the street corner for a long time, neither soliciting customers nor doing business, which had attracted the attention of many people. Coupled with his out-of-this-world temperament, it seems that he really has the demeanor of an immortal taoist.

When the fat rich man heard Chu Xinian's words, his movements froze suddenly, and his expression was cloudy. He simply threw Xuan Yeping aside, walked straight towards Chu Xinian, and sat opposite him with his clattering golden jewelries and golden accesories.

The rich man cupped his hands at Chu Xinian, with a bit of awe in his words, and asked tentatively: "Dare to ask about the taoist's name?"

Chu Xinian closed his eyes lightly, without revealing any information: "What's there to know about this old taoist? We ascetics have already discarded our mortal skins and have no names and surnames."

The rich man felt that he was unpredictable and all he felt was admiration in his heart when he heard the words, he sighed: "The taoist priest really has supernatural powers. Truthfully, my surname is indeed Zhou. I just came out of Yanzhilou on the South Street."

Yanzhilou is the busiest brothel restaurant nearby, the rich man today turned out to be a lustful person.

The common people gathered around to watch the excitement, pointing and gossiping: "Oh my, does this taoist really have some supernatural powers?"

"Even I also know how many concubines he has married in his family, so wouldn't I also be a fortune teller?"

Everyone burst into laughter when they heard this, but Chu Xinian was the only one who was as immovable as a mountain.

Rich Lord Zhou listened to the words of the crowd, and doubts arose in his heart. He looked at Chu Xinian silently with his mung bean-sized eyes, he then took out a silver ingot from his pocket, and slammed it on the table with a bang: "I want to ask the taoist priest to do other calculations. If the calculation is accurate, this ingot silver will belong to the taoist, but if the calculation is not accurate..."

He sneered twice, and was about to say something threatening, when the man in black behind the taoist suddenly slapped the table with his palm. As he lifted his hand from the ingot, the hard metal silver was directly flattened into a silver cake.

Xie Jingyuan's eyes were condensed, and he asked in a dangerous tone: "What are you saying again?"

Seeing this, Lord Zhou trembled in fright. He didn't expect Xie Jingyuan to be a master of martial arts,  he was speechless for a long time. At this moment, Chu Xinian opened his mouth in the heated moment: "Lord Zhou, my apprentice was born in the mountains since he was a child. He didn't know etiquette, so please pardon him."

Xie Jingyuan glanced at Chu Xinian when he heard this, curled his lips, and turned to him feeling very dissatisfied with the idea of having a master above him. He can't even break a chopstick, but he is his master?

Mr. Zhou wiped the perspiration from his face, he could only smile dryly and said, "No problem...no problem..."

Chu Xinian signaled Lord Zhou to stretch out his hand: "Meeting is fate, how about this taoist take a look at your palm?"

Lord Zhou couldn't ask for anything. Hearing this, he immediately stretched out his hand and spread it flat in front of Chu Xinian: "I want to ask the taoist priest to calculate my luck."

Chu Xinian observed the lines on his palm calmly. He found that although Lord Zhou was covered with gold and silver, the palms of his hands were full of old thick calluses, his fingers were rough, and there was a mark left that signify the hardship of life all the year round.