A7 C198 - Restart

Human nature is a very complex thing, and no one can accurately analyze the mixture of good and evil hidden behind it. The only thing we can learn is to never underestimate it.

As the final moment of the game's notification sound falls, the scene before Jiang Weimian's eyes starts to rapidly change. The police station's lights disappear, replaced by the cold stone steps in front of a convenience store, with a chilling wind blowing.

They have returned to the very beginning of the game.

Jiang Weimian is visibly bewildered for a moment. He turns around and sees Shen Zuixing lounging lazily on the ground, while Wang Dabiao, He Man, and Qian Duoduo struggle to climb out of a nearby trash can.

Wang Dabiao spits out in annoyance, "Damn it, why do I always end up in the trash can."

He Man pinches her nose, furrowing her eyebrows and fanning the air, "Seriously, it stinks like hell."

Shen Zuixing, on the other hand, is more straightforward in his words. He extends his hand towards Jiang Weimian, lifts his chin slightly, and with a lazy, flirtatious smile, says two words, "Help me."

He felt that with Jiang Weimian's temper, he might slap his hand off, or say coldly, "Get up on your own." However, unexpectedly, Jiang Weimian paused for a moment, frowned slightly, and actually reached out to pull Shen Zuixing up from the ground.

It was really hell in the middle of the night.

Shen Zuixing seems to be testing something, pushing the boundaries, as he asks, "Are you going to carry me?"

Jiang Weimian gives him a brief look, then unexpectedly agrees, "Sure, but let me break your legs first."

Shen Zuixing chuckles and playfully wags his finger at him, "You can do that, I'll lie down and let you hit me. No one else would get this treatment."

Just as Wang Dabiao mentioned, Shen Zuixing appears to have some genuine interest in Jiang Weimian. His words and actions are all clearly showing his affection and teasing.

Jiang Weimian has spent over twenty years in a mostly dormant state, lacking the time to deal with personal relationships. He's still single to this day. Even when writing novels, it's not about romance, and facing someone like Shen Zuixing, who's a bit of a rogue, makes him appear inexperienced.

Fight?

Jiang Weimian thinks he doesn't particularly want to fight Shen Zuixing right now. Who would take the blame if his energy bar is depleted? He'd have to recharge it, which isn't cost-effective, so it's better to just ignore it.

Jiang Weimian looks at the time and realizes there are only three minutes left until the silver-gray sedan passes by. He approaches Wang Dabiao and the others, pausing before saying, "This time, we need to speed up. When the car arrives later, we can't waste time like last time, discussing a bunch of useless things. Try to get in the car within two minutes."

In the previous game, due to the car owner's difficulty in communicating, they wasted at least twelve minutes from flagging down the car to requesting a ride and finally forcing their way in. Lin Xiaoke's life-saving time was squeezed from within that duration.

Jiang Weimian actually wanted to ask Wang Dabiao why he agreed to go back to the beginner level, but seeing that no one else brought up the topic, he remained silent.

Shen Zuixing's thoughts seemed to be closely connected with his. While the others were waiting for the car, Shen Zuixing, with his hands in his pockets, strolled slowly over to Wang Dabiao, showing great interest as he asked, "Big Baldy, have you had a change of heart? Why are you suddenly willing to restart the game?"