A4 C112 - The Second Snake

The woman selling insurance on the eighth floor died.

She was sitting quietly on a chair in a nightgown, her black hair hanging down to her waist, fluttering about in the wind that leaked in from the window, looking eerie and ghostly in the dark environment.

The moment the lightning flashed, her appearance was clearly reflected in the mirror. The woman's eyes were gouged out, leaving only two dark bloody holes, staring straight at the mirror. The corners of her mouth were raised high, showing a ferocious and weird smile, as if she was welcoming the first visitor to enter the door.

Meng Zhoushan approached slowly, only to find that the corners of her mouth had been cut into two deep slits with a knife, and then stitched together with thick black thread, just like a doll. Blood snaked out from the seam of the woman's stitched lips, and slowly trickled down to her chest.

Her mouth was like the clouded sky outside, filled with a pool of blood. Now that the hole is broken, blood rains down with a tick-tock.

On the mirror, a pattern of ouroboros was drawn with blood, entrenched in the middle.

Meng Zhoushan frowned, reached out and touched the woman's neck——

The body was still warm, so the person should have died within a few hours.

There are only women on this floor. Meng Zhoushan thought of the elevator being pushed down just now to the eighth floor, he suspected it was a prank by the murderer.

But if the elevator was really pressed by the other party, how would the murderer escape the scene in such a short period of time? He and Yan Yuezhao were guarding below, and the other party would never take the risk of taking the stairs.

Meng Zhoushan didn't know what to think of, suddenly turned on the light and went to the window, and then pushed the window open with a crash. The outside was stormy, occasionally mixed with lightning and thunder, and the rain flew obliquely into the house, quickly soaking his clothes.

Regardless of the cold rain on his face, Meng Zhoushan leaned over and looked downstairs, only to see the night surging, and a row of air-conditioning external units hanging down vertically on the wall. If the murderer is brave enough and skilled enough, it is not impossible to escape from the window.

"Meng Zhoushan!"

Yan Yuezhao entrusted the child to the plainclothes police who were watching downstairs, and rushed over immediately. However, after seeing the scene of the murder scene clearly, his face suddenly became extremely gloomy and ugly.

"Damn it!"

He couldn't help but swear, and immediately called someone to come over, and kicked the wall in agitation.

Meng Zhoushan's glasses were wet from the rain, and his vision was blurred. He took off his glasses, walked up to Yan Yuezhao, and said in a calm voice, "The murderer probably escaped through the window—"

After a pause, he said, "It's a serial murder case."

Yan Yuezhao always felt that Meng Zhoushan seemed to know something, otherwise he would not have called himself inexplicably just now, his eyes were uncertain: "How do you know that the murderer will commit the crime?"

Meng Zhoushan lowered his head and wiped the water marks on the lens with the hem of his clothes: "You have to ask your son, he saw the Ouroboros symbol left by the murderer on the wall downstairs, and there is a clue on it."

"Boom—!"

Another bolt of lightning pierced the sky, and the sound pierced my ears, as if the heavens were also angry at the crimes that had settled in this dangerous building.