A2 C62 - The Shangshu Mansion

Qin Daoyan is not only the General of the Right Army but also the Minister of the Ministry of War. Compared with when he was young, he has lost a lot of his edge in the court, and he doesn't know how to do many things personally. More often, he chooses to stand behind the scenes quietly and contribute to the flames.

His huge mansion looks ordinary from the outside, but inside it is very irregular, and the number of patterns on the pillars in the entrance hall exceeds his own rank. The veranda, which is hard to find, is all over the courtyard. When the wind blows, the white flocculent seeds are flying all over the sky, as if a field of pure snow has fallen out of thin air.

Every courtyard is patrolled. These people include men and women, they are neither guards nor servants but adopted sons and daughters by Qin Daoyan, and all of them are good at martial arts.

Qian Qian hides in the dark, feeling that these people are quite troublesome, and has already started to retreat in her heart, but she doesn't want that person surnamed Chu to underestimate her. She used her unique technique to keep her figure hidden and flew up to the roof with a few vertical leaps, like a dexterous swallow, everything happened in an instant without attracting anyone's attention.

Qian Qian found Qin Daoyan's residence, quietly lifted the roof tiles, looked down, and saw that he was writing a memorial. Under the bright candlelight, one can vaguely see the frost-white hair on the other side's temples.

At this moment, someone knocked lightly on the outer door, and a woman's voice came: "Report to Foster Father, Qin Shuang is back."

Qin Shuang? Who?

Qian Qian didn't recognize her, so she lay on the roof and continued to observe. She saw Qin Daoyan put the brush aside, looked up to the outside, and said two words in an old voice: "Come in."

Only then did Qian Qian see the whole picture clearly. Qin Daoyan is now in the year of having seen most of the sceneries in the world, and his face is full of wrinkles, no different from ordinary old people. The only difference is that his right eye is wearing a black eye patch, and his left eye is radiant.

As soon as he finished speaking, a well-dressed woman pushed the door and entered, followed by a man in black with a high nose and deep eyes, presumably Qin Shuang.

"Greetings, Foster Father."

Qin Shuang knelt on one knee and lowered his head to hide the expression in his eyes. After he escaped from the General's Mansion, he didn't come back to report immediately but found a place to recuperate and sort out his messy thoughts.

Qin Daoyan nodded and motioned him to get up: "What happened to what I asked you to do?"

Qin Shuang hesitated for a moment, then shook his head: "This son is incompetent, and didn't manage to find what Jiuniang left behind."

Qin Daoyan threw a fierce look: "Impossible, Jiu Niang told me in private that she hid something in the suburbs, how could you not find it?"

Qin Shuang had no choice but to tell the lie he had made up in advance: "This son searched for a long time in the suburbs of the city, but he couldn't find what Jiu Niang left behind, not even the jade pendant. I dared not be rash and searched around for a long time, so I came back late."

The wounds on his face had faded away, and the wounds on his body were hidden under his clothes, no flaws were revealed.

Qin Shuang has always been loyal, Qin Daoyan didn't doubt him, and frowned in deep thought: "Shi San Niang, are you sure Jiu Niang said that she hid things in the suburbs?"