A2 C70 - Xie Lanting

Dossiers are like settled dust. Once it is a foregone conclusion, no one will try to change anything and make amends.

Mei Fengchen led Chu Xinian up the stairs. The wooden stairs were in disrepair for a long time and made creaking noises that scratch from deep within the corridor.

He wiped away the dust in the air with his sleeve, and seemed to sigh: "It's been a long time since anyone came here, and all the stored files here are all ancient documents."

Finally pointing to one of the corners, he said: "All the homicide cases in the capital for which no cause can be found over the years are all here. You can take a look if you want. I mean, no one cares about them anyway. Now, if you encounter any difficulties in this case, you are not allowed to back off."

The latter sentence has a hint of joking.

Chu Xinian saluted and thanked him: "I will not dare to back off. How about this, Master Mei could do the autopsy below, and this junior will read files about the cases, if you encounter any unsolved problems, just ask."

Mei Fengchen smiled and nodded repeatedly, his usually serious and rigid face softened a bit: "Alright, this old man will now step down."

Just like that, one of them was doing the autopsy downstairs, and the other was searching for files upstairs.

What the Xie family committed back then was the crime of treason, so the file will definitely not be put together with those unsolved cases. Chu Xinian glanced across the rows of bookshelves and finally fixed on a row of red-sealed files. Inside was a roll of kraft paper, with a faded "Confidential" written on the spine.

Chu Xinian was silent for a moment. He slowly pulled out the volume of documents that had been covered in dust for a long time, feeling inexplicably heavy. In the half-light and half-darkness, the dust flew up fluttering.

He blew off the dust on it, took out the scattered papers inside, and found that the execution results of the Xie family were written on it, with a few strokes. Concise and to the point.

[Rebel Minister Xie Bi, returned to Dayan from the northwest to usurp the throne. From day and night, a mirage of a good official but with hidden wolf ambitions. He later led his whole Xie's direct lineage to the brink of destruction.

However, if and only if, his first wife and his only son Xie Lanting, and also the hundreds of family members on the main lineage fled out of Dayan, they will automatically be judged guilty, and will be beheaded on the spot...]

[Additionally, all males who reach eighteen will be assigned to the South Army, and all females who reach eighteen will be reduced to slavery title. These judgments will not be revoked nor pardoned for consecutive three generations...]

Just looking at the file, there is no loophole but Chu Xinian frowned, feeling that something is wrong. He stared at those few lines for a long time and finally found two words that were inexplicably familiar.

His first wife... only son Xie Lanting...

Lanting...?

Lanting...?!

Chu Xinian's pupils shrank slightly, and he subconsciously covered the jade pendant around his neck, as if he had suddenly realized something. Isn't the word "Lanting '' on the inscription of the jade pendant that Xie Jingyuan gave him?

Could it be that Xie Jingyuan's real identity is...

When this idea suddenly popped into Chu Xinian's mind, he felt a little ridiculous. But if you think about it carefully, if it is true, then all unreasonable things will have a definite explanation.