A2 C52 - An Assasination

They drove the carriage and rushed towards the city, leaving the vast night outside behind.

Sitting in the carriage, Chu Xinian couldn't help but fall into deep thought. He discovered another falsified plot: In the original work of "A Thousand Autumns For The Marquis", the former Empress obviously died of illness, which caused the prince to lose his biological mother. But it changes into being strangled to death by the emperor?

There is also Qin Daoyan, Minister of the Ministry of War.

Chu Xinian actually didn't think of him at first, because this character only appeared in the middle and late stages of the original work, and there were not many scenes.

Qin Daoyan is quite ambitious. Later, when his power spread farther and was getting stronger and stronger, he had secretly made contact with foreign countries to betray the nation but was discovered by the King of Jin and reported it to Emperor Yan, who then was sentenced to beheading and the King of Jin received favors for making a great contribution to this.

Qin Daoyan has countless adoptive sons, and among them is a man who is good at wielding two swords, named Qin Shuang. He is good at martial arts and he specializes in assassinating dissidents for Qin Daoyan, so he can be called a confidant.

As soon as Chu Xinian saw the sword wound on the corpse, he immediately thought of the character "Qin Shuang" and guessed from the clues. The behind-the-scenes confidant that belongs to Qin Daoyan.

Jiuniang's letter is very important. If what she said is true, Qin Daoyan must still have a huge power and people in the palm of his hands. The case was not so easy to solve. But if enough evidence can be collected to trip Qin Daoyan, not only can Xie Jingyuan get rid of an old enemy, but also allow the prince to make a great contribution in front of Emperor Yan.

On the matter of how to investigate this case, Chu Xinian still needs to figure it out.

The prince was driving a carriage outside, and the whip was crackling. There's no other way, Chu Xinian can't drive and Xie Jingyuan is still sick. He was half frozen in the well just now, and the only person left to be of good use is His Highness the Crown Prince.

The Prince felt very wronged, turned his head and looked into the carriage: "You two bastards, how dare you let Gu drive the carriage?"

Xie Jingyuan silently sharpened the toe of his shoes, resisting the urge to kick him off, frowned and said: " Don't you want to go back to the Capital?"

Here is a mountain road, the road surface is rough, if you change to someone who is not familiar with driving, it may be possible to drive the carriage straight into the ditch.

The prince snorted heavily, obviously upset.

Chu Xinian always felt that something was wrong, but he couldn't find any clues for a while, but his keen sixth sense made him aware of the approaching danger. At this moment, Xie Jingyuan seemed to have discovered something and suddenly frowned and said: "Wait a minute—"

The prince stopped the carriage: "What's the matter?"

A gust of wind passed by and the mountains and forests rustled. Some gravel fell from the valley and landed directly on the roof of the carriage.

Xie Jingyuan closed his eyes and said nothing, his ears moved slightly, as if he was listening to something. After a while, he opened his eyes suddenly, and suddenly pulled Chu Xinian out of the carriage with lightning speed, threw the prince down with him, and rolled to the side on the spot.

"Bang!"

As they left the carriage with their fast reflex, a man in black jumped down from the treetops cutting a hiss onto the air. The carriage was split into pieces. But if Xie Jingyuan hid a little slower, he might have been stabbed right now.