A2 C76 - Court Chaos

When the news was sent back to Prince Jin's mansion, Prince Jin felt his eyes go dark, and he almost fainted like the attendant. He was so angry that his whole body was freezing cold, he barely supported the table to stand firm, gritted his teeth and said in a trembling voice: "Prince Yin clearly did it on purpose!"

Chu Jiaoping's face also turned ugly when he heard this. The food collection has ended. From the princes and ministers to the common people and merchants, everyone has donated. Only Prince Jin is missing. What will Emperor Yan think when he sees it?

Chu Jiaoping was angry and anxious, frowned and said: "Your Highness didn't listen, if only the silver was sent over early, then the Crown Prince would be unable to do anything to us even if he wanted to. Now that he already restrained our step, we are now helpless. Didn't we just lift a rock to throw to us?"

Prince Jin's face turned pale when he heard this. He was already in a bad mood, but being so accused by Chu Jiaoping, it got worse to the extreme, and said with a flick of his sleeves: "Enough, I know what you said, but now that things are like this, what can I do!"

Prince Jin got up and wandered around in the house, and finally came up with a so-called solution: "If we can't pass the money with ourselves, then I'll enter the palace tomorrow and let Concubine Mother directly pass the donations on my behalf to Emperor Father."

Chu Jiaoping closed his eyes and let out a breath slowly. The Crown prince gave a full three-day deadline, both Prince Ping and Prince Chang honestly sent silvers to the East Palace, but not only Prince Jin went his own way, he also let the women in the Emperor's harem to hand it over on his behalf. He doesn't want to think anymore about what other people would say about this.

There was a rare trace of frustration in Chu Jiaoping's eyes, and he said in a tired tone: "I'm afraid it will be too late to send it tomorrow, Prince Yin's move is clearly intentional, he must have carved the merit tablet early, even if His Highness handed over the money, The name can’t be engraved.”

Prince Jin choked: “Then I'll order people to give the silver to Concubine Mother now?”

Chu Jiaoping looked at the darkened sky outside, and slowly shook his head: “The palace gate has been locked. It’s already past the time to pay homage. Besides, the silver taels are at least dozens of boxes. How His Highness transported them into the palace will surely alarm His Majesty in the middle of the night. At that time, His Majesty will ask why he didn’t pay all the silver taels within three days. How will Your Highness answer?"

One sentence blocked Prince Jin's last thoughts.

The shadows cast by the sky are sparsely shooned. The bright moonlight poured down softly onto the courtyard, glowing a faint white spark, and the edges and corners of the cobblestone path shimmered slightly, paving a winding and silvery road.

Chu Xinian was sitting in the study, bowing his head and drawing on the table. It's just that it's not ink he is using, but turmeric juice. The prince saw him tracing a silhouette of a man in official uniform on the yellow paper, leaving a small space in the right eye, which looked strange.

The prince lay across the table, staring at it for a long while: "Who are you painting?"

Xie Lanting didn't have so many scruples, and directly looked in front of Chu Xinian, and then raised his eyebrows: "You are painting Qin Daoyan?"

Chu Xinian blew on the traces on the paper, and saw that the color of the turmeric gradually faded after it dried. He asked Xie Lanting: "How is it, does it look like the real one?"

Xie Lanting tapped the table with his fingertips, but said nothing, not wanting to hit Chu Xinian. He could only roll his eyes.

The prince suddenly laughed hard: "HAHAHAHA!"